NEED HELP WITH VEGA REAR WINDOW TRIM

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

NEED HELP WITH VEGA REAR WINDOW TRIM

Postby kevs1969daytona » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Does anyone have a picture of what the rear trim clips that holds the chrome trim in the frame of the hatch and and how they mount on the rear opening. Heres a pic of the hatch I am talking about, I purchased some of theses clips (first pic) from ebay but when they arrived they look way too small. If I could see a pic would help me greatly thanks. Have Replaced the rear window in my 1969 Daytona. The Vega hatch is almost identical and made from metal The last pic is another type of clip, is that what is used and how do they work/mount ???? Thanks in advance cars almost done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevs1969daytona

Re: NEED HELP WITH VEGA REAR WINDOW TRIM

Postby cjbiagi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:18 pm

I have the plastic trim clips for Vega trim like your last pic (these are different from a Monza) https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSHIELD-TRI ... 2924044378
This auction is over but I still have some. You didn't buy these from me did you? ebay user Monza975
There should be little studs on the hatch that these clips attach to and then the trim snaps on to the plastic tabs.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 67shovel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am

If your window clip studs are gone, you can buy replacement screw in studs.
79 Monza wagon Pro street, cage tubs narrowed 9
73 GT Vega wagon street car 355 700r4 a/c
68 RS Z/28 302
67 SS 396
Cobra replica
65 Corvair Corsa midengine 301
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED
67shovel

Postby astreformula » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm

The first clip is used for the rear quarter swing out window trim. The last pix look like the correct clips for the trim. The earlier Vegas used the metal version. These tended to rust and eventually break. Get the plastic ones. If the stud holding the clip is rotted out, I would weld in new metal and replace the stud. Using the screw in studs will eventually lead to a water leak.
astreformula

Return to General Discussion