Pro touring Vega

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Pro touring Vega

Postby PAUL V » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi guys I've peek in here sometimes .I bought a 74 Vega hatch back base model.no motor or trans. Has anyone here built a pro touring v8 Vega ? Need input on rear mini tubes and coil over shocks . Front end is going to be a Scotty's chassis kit.. I'm going to daily driver and tow a 1200 pound teardrop camper . Engine 327 ci up to 425 up heavy-duty 700r4 trans . Thanks guys Paul.
PAUL V

Re: Pro touring Vega

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 am

Paul, there have been several different builds by folks on this sight but because of the growth of Facebook, traffic here has slowed drastically. But this site is very important because of all the information it contains. I would suggest you use the search tool here to find some of the answers to your questions. It's in the upper right corner. I haven't done the things you are thinking of.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Smiley » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Search for the Jegs Vega build. It's a full frame pro touring chassis under a Vega body.
Most people keep the stock front frame and upgrade the control arms, brakes and steering.
Speedphreke has a build thread on his mini tub job.
Smiley

Postby Kenova » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 am

Also search this site for the " Flying Turd ".
Here is a link to the builders page. https://www.schwartzperformance.com/pro ... ying-turd/

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Return to General Discussion