New H-Body reddit @ r/HBody

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

New H-Body reddit @ r/HBody

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:14 pm

If any of you guys on here are Reddit users. There is no sub for HBodies so I created one. it's simply r/HBody. check it out if you're interested. I'm going to post up a ton of old pictures and content.

here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HBody/
1972 Vega Wagon; 283 V8, 4 speed video 1
#DriftVega
YouTube/butnoutsAndRotorblades
Facebook/BurnoutsAndRotorblades
instagram @BurnoutsAndRotorblades
[url]BurnoutsAndRotorblades@gmail.com[/url]

"Don't get it right, Just get it running"
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Re: New H-Body reddit @ r/HBody

Postby vegastre » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:18 am

Great collection!

I think you have posted just about everything I have saved. I had forgot about the article on the 40 year anniversary which I thought was a typical MT magazine article which I can't stand as well as their awful channel. Blaming the Vega for everything wrong with GM was very unfair as the car is a easy target because of it's infamous reputation. I have owned a Vega for 42 years so I feel qualified to speak on the subject.The Vega is and was a stupendous car if taken at face value but beyond that I fully endorse it's infamous reputation as a not so dependable car for the masses. The trick is, you had to have a certain mechanical aptitude to drive one successfully for any length of time. I have written extensively in my Project Journal on what a poor production the Vega was but the H-Body platform over time developed into a great offering for GM across all Divisions.
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 am

I only wanted to have some balance to all the positive about the Vega. Something to inspire people it engage. It looks like it worked. Feel free to contribute if you think there are things others might find interesting in that forum.
1972 Vega Wagon; 283 V8, 4 speed video 1
#DriftVega
YouTube/butnoutsAndRotorblades
Facebook/BurnoutsAndRotorblades
instagram @BurnoutsAndRotorblades
[url]BurnoutsAndRotorblades@gmail.com[/url]

"Don't get it right, Just get it running"
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby vegastre » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 pm

As I mentioned good job...
Here's a tid-bit on the rust factor of the Vega that the article was dead wrong using the stamping as a poor example. It wasn't the metal itself it was more in the way it was used and designed fit of the body parts that caused the Vega to rust out at an alarming rate especially up north.

To Wit: some forty years ago on my Vega i had a small dent in the left front fender. At the time there were plenty of Vega's in the junk yards so I bought a perfect one and installed it. I hung the old fender on the fence at my shop and there it has sat for some 40 years. Actually, it now rests on my buddy's shop fence still outside. Here's the kicker, not a deep rust spot on it other than a little light surface rust in a few spots. GM dipped the cars in a rust preventative solution and used the highest quality lacquer paint available and that fender is a testimony to that.
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby mahoy78spyder » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 am

burnouts&rotorblades wrote:If any of you guys on here are Reddit users. There is no sub for HBodies so I created one. it's simply r/HBody. check it out if you're interested. I'm going to post up a ton of old pictures and content.

here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HBody/

That is an awesome collection - some of which I've never seen before, which is saying something! Bravo!
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to General Discussion