Keep interior cool

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Keep interior cool

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08 am

Well, as I sit in my house during this stay at home order I have been spending a lot of time looking at H body stuff. I look at a lot of pictures because I love to see other people's cars since I rarely see any other H bodies in my area. One thing that really strikes me is how many cars lack a cowl seal. Yes, because I make and sell these my eye always goes to that area, but I am still amazed at how many cars are lacking this important seal. I think for the most part people think, meh, it isn't that important or may not even realize it is missing. Well, let me tell you from experience what it does. Years ago in my quest to release some underhood heat I thought if I remove that rubber it will create a gap for heat to escape from the back of the hood. Wow, what a great way to get some heat out of the engine compartment. Well guess what, it works! Guess where a lot of the heat goes? The interior of the car! The ventilation system and floor side vents get their air from the cowl area and without this seal you end up with hot air blowing inside the car. I immediately replaced the seal and learned a valuable lesson on air flow. So, if you are missing this seal or yours is not up to the task of sealing any longer you may want to consider installing a new one. Just a friendly tip, oh yeah if you need one let me know. I will have a few on hand and can take names for when I can make more. Clyde cjbiagi@yahoo.com
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: Keep interior cool

Postby cosvega76 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:34 am

When I first got my V8 Vega in 1988, it didn't have a cowl seal. I bought one from Clyde when he first started making them. I was amazed by the difference! It didn't roast my feet as bad as it had the first couple of years.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:19 pm

Chuck, as I recall you may have been my first customer as I was in the "experimental" stage. Glad it worked out, thanks for the feedback. My how time flies.............
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:32 am

Interesting. How much do these cost?
1972 Vega Wagon; 283 V8, 4 speed video 1
#DriftVega
YouTube/butnoutsAndRotorblades
Facebook/BurnoutsAndRotorblades
instagram @BurnoutsAndRotorblades
[url]BurnoutsAndRotorblades@gmail.com[/url]

"Don't get it right, Just get it running"
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm

$39.99 + $6 shipping within the US. These have 5 new T clips installed ready to mount.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Return to General Discussion