1980 Skyhawk update

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

1980 Skyhawk update

Postby Monzadude » Tue May 26, 2020 4:49 am

I do all my online work with my phone and for some reason it won’t let me post pictures. Not sure why.

I got the new fuel pump installed and the carb rebuilt. A new battery and alternator installed and it now starts and runs on its own. The new master cylinder is in and I bled the front calipers and I now have brakes. I still need to bleed the back but it’s already good enough to lock up on the gravel driveway. The front pads and rotors look like new. I re-packed the front wheel bearing and greased the front end. Everything looks good but I might replace the outer tie rods. They’ll easily pass a safety but the have a little play in them.

I still need to change the engine oil and I want to change the oil in the trans and the rear diff. Who knows how old it is so I figure I’ll just change all fluids. The rad and washer fluid included.

The list is getting smaller. My tires look good and not weather checked but they are old. I’m going to start looking around for them soon.

I guess it’s a good thing all the cars shows have been canceled so far. At least this way I don’t feel pressure to rush because I’m missing them. The car will be on the road this summer. I’ll be ready for the shows next year.

That’s my update. Hope everyone is having as much luck and fun with their ride as I am!
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Re: 1980 Skyhawk update

Postby cammerjeff » Wed May 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Congrat's on getting some work done! I wish I could say as much.
Jeff R

1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer
77 Astre Formula, some day soon powered by a 215 Buick V-8
1973 4-speed Lemans Safari STOCK!!!!! 1978 Catalina Safari
2006 Mallet Solstice, 6.0 LS2, 6-speed manual
2009 Solstice Coupe, 2.4, 5-speed Manual
cammerjeff

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari Wagon

Re: 1980 Skyhawk update

Postby 283vega » Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 pm

jEFF your problem is your having too much fun with that solstice :th:
283 vega