Misc Interior Questions - HVAC Duct Sealing & Radio Wiring

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Misc Interior Questions - HVAC Duct Sealing & Radio Wiring

Postby olds70supreme » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:10 pm

HVAC Duct Connections
I have the dash apart in my 75 Starfire w/ factory AC and noticed that there are significant gaps (1/4-1/2" gaps) at the joints between the duct pieces. I also noticed that the defrost ducts have what appear to be intentional gaps where they join the underside of the metal dash structure. I would have assumed that the connections were slip-fit and fairly tight from the factory but it looks like I am wrong. Are these gaps normal? Before I seal them up (either tape or gasket material) is there any reason not to?

Radio Harness
The radio harness has one female plug connector that is unidentified. The plug has two brown , a black, and a green wire. The black and green wire go to the front speaker. The known connections are...
antenna
front speaker
rear speaker
power & backlight
Any suggestions on what the unknown plug connector goes to? I cannot see any corresponding plugs under the dash.
(I tried to attach a jpeg of the radio but got an error saying that the file was invalid...?).

Thanks.
olds70supreme

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Re: Misc Interior Questions - HVAC Duct Sealing & Radio Wiri

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:29 pm

~ Mystery wire with female plug may go to cigarette lighter? fog lights?...guessing..
~ Close the ductwork gaps, insulate if necessary.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Postby olds70supreme » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:24 am

Here is a picture of the radio harness. The connector in question is the one in the upper left of the harness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olds70supreme

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am

looks like it plugs into back of stereo, next to the other plug.
monzaaddict

Return to General Discussion