Vega heater core replacment

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Vega heater core replacment

Postby cliffsgt » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:40 pm

I have a '72 Vega with A/C - how do you go about removing the heater core?
A/C has been deleted under hood, blower motor and housing has been removed under hood, I'm on the interior part looking to remove the heater core.
One of the problems is removing the A/C vent on the passenger side, under the glove box. No screws and it looks like it has to be removed.
Any advice on how to remove the heater core would be really appreciated!
I've heard that a heater core from a Ford Taurus will work, anyone with any experience please let me know on this.
Thanks!
cliffsgt

Re: Vega heater core replacment

Postby gt350fme » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:51 pm

I copied this from a 1974 Vega manual and may be different ??.
I have never replaced a AC heater core only non AC, looks like a PITA hope this helps.
GT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1964 Chevy panel K30
1973 GT Vega Hatchback
1977 Chevy K20
1984 944 porsche
1992 Lexus SC 400
gt350fme

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: Vega heater core replacment

Postby cliffsgt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:16 am

Hey and thanks for getting back to me.
Yeah, your right it has been a PITA and I haven't even gotten close to getting it out. Your '74 Vega manual has a lot more info on heater cores - my '72 manual has about one paragraph! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place - we'll see.
Thank you very much for these copies - Let me study it a bit and yes, I see a difference immediately on the A/C vent under the glove box but the 'Box' the cores goes in looks about the same. This is a big help. Thank you.
cliffsgt

Return to General Discussion