'72 Vega heater core questions/bowman cables

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

'72 Vega heater core questions/bowman cables

Postby cliffsgt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:02 pm

Bowman cable is the issue or lack of.
I've taken apart my Vega and installed a new heater core. My Vega came with A/C but I deleted all of it under the hood.
I'm running into trouble getting it back together - my manual shows two bowman cables coming off the heater core box but all I can find is one and it's the 'Temp. Door Cable' according to my manual. I'm having trouble finding the 'Air-Def Door cable'.
Fact is, my 'Air-Def' controller on top of the heater box where the cable is suppose to come from is a bit different - it has a spring that connects to the heater box about 2 inches away from the controller. The manual shows a 'Non-Adjustable Spring Wire' that runs over half the entire box.
I'm hoping there has been a change and my manual doesn't reflect the change or my manual isn't the right year or something.
Any advise on this would be very appreciated.
cliffsgt

Re: '72 Vega heater core questions/bowman cables

Postby gt350fme » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 pm

This may help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1964 Chevy panel K30
1973 GT Vega Hatchback
1977 Chevy K20
1984 944 porsche
1992 Lexus SC 400
gt350fme

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: '72 Vega heater core questions/bowman cables

Postby cliffsgt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:06 pm

Thank you for the reference - yes, it does at least give me some pause for thought. I believe it is helpful.
I'm going to work on it some today if I can get some time and with this new info, hopefully I can go forward.
It's interesting, that I'm reading it to say there is only one bowman cable in use - I swear my manual is showing two on top of the heater core box.
Puzzling yes, intriguing yes - we'll see what we see when I get there.
Thank you for your response.
cliffsgt

Return to General Discussion