Camaro Seat Belt Interchange w/ H Body?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Camaro Seat Belt Interchange w/ H Body?

Postby olds70supreme » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:31 pm

I have a '75 Starfire I'm putting the interior back together on. The webbing on the seabelts shows signs of wear so I want to replace them. What are my options? I found aftermarket suppliers that have '75 Camaro belts that look close (but $$$). Any idea if they will work? Are there other options that are less pricy but have good webbing?

Thanks.
olds70supreme

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Re: Camaro Seat Belt Interchange w/ H Body?

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:37 am

if only he webbing is bad have them redone safetyrestore.com
monzaaddict

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:16 pm

Pricey it is going to be! but how much is your life worth?
https://www.topflightautomotive.com/pro ... f-america/
I'm sure they have colour choices and there are other suppliers of Corvette seatbelt. Years of choice seem to be 1976/1977 as your '75 would be a double retractor. If you are willing to swap to the single retractor you would save about 40%. I prefer the dual retractors as they pull out and retract so much smoother to me. I believe the switch to singles was for cost and weight savings, not any serious safety reasons. Re webbing as Monzaaddict suggested is probably the most sensible approach. There are a few choices for that as well. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:26 pm

The two holes where they anchor to the floor need to be slightly enlarged to accommodate the shoulder bolts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion