Dave's Vega Village

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Dave's Vega Village

Postby acstestinc » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:03 pm

This may be old news to some but I just found out that Dave passed away this past summer.
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Re: Dave's Vega Village

Postby acstestinc » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:03 am

In memory of Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby BadBowtie » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:23 pm

Hey Acstestinc, I think there was another post made around the time but I cant seem to find it but a lot of people chimed in with their experience and memories. Maybe I'm just mixing up facebook but I was sure there was something on here for the members, Dave was a real great guy, he had interacted and helped a lot of us.
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby dt_reeves@yahoo.com » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:43 pm

I just read the other post regarding Dave’s passing. It was in reference to the lower control arm bushing caps. I was very sorry to hear of his passing. I have just recently purchased a small block Vega that needs work and as I was researching I saw several references to Dave and how he was a joy to talk to. I was looking forward to doing so but didn’t get the chance. The good news is that per Dave’s request, his neighbor has taken over the production of the bushing caps according to post. They are available on eBay for $99. I purchased a set.

Have had some great insight on this forum and look forward to sharing progress. Currently working on front suspension and working on replacing the original 1974 front coil springs. Looks like shocks were original too. Found some information charts from 74 that has sprung weight values of stock car with separate chart for accessory weights if anyone is trying to calculate spring rate.
dt_reeves@yahoo.com

Return to General Discussion