Spyder Stripe Orders

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Postby acstestinc » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:20 am

Well I've found another option for stripes.

I have in my possesion the digital Adobe Illustrator file for the 78/79 Spyder stripes. The file is very very good !! It was scanned from a set of new stripes prior to being installed on a car, converted to vector format and cleaned up. I'll be getting a quote today for having it digitally thermal printed on vinyl. This is the method used for most vehicle graphics. It has a longer life span then digital inkjet printing.

S&S appears to be completely uninterested.
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby AusRs » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:16 am

dont think that i will put the spyder decals on my car ............i like the car plain ......incorrect for a 79 spyder i know BUT looks cleaner along the car without them ,
i do however like the decal on the rear spoiler :)
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby 77 Spyder » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:16 am

acstestinc wrote:Well I've found another option for stripes.

I have in my possesion the digital Adobe Illustrator file for the 78/79 Spyder stripes. The file is very very good !! It was scanned from a set of new stripes prior to being installed on a car, converted to vector format and cleaned up. I'll be getting a quote today for having it digitally thermal printed on vinyl. This is the method used for most vehicle graphics. It has a longer life span then digital inkjet printing.

S&S appears to be completely uninterested.

Paul, I just dropped you a PM. Between the two of us, we might have something....

Carl
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

spyder decals

Postby spydertom » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:50 am

That sounds great :D :D

Please keep us informed,

At this point I'm ready for any option and this sounds promising.

Thanks
Tom

78 spyder
spydertom

Postby Monza Madness » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:08 pm

Yes, if you come thru, I'll have no problem pulling my order from S&S!
Roger
79 IMSA TPI 350 A/C 700R4
79 Spyder 305 A/C 200r4
Monza Madness

1979 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Adobe Illustrator file

Postby kline1 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:00 pm

Can I have a copy of that file?... (kline1@ptd.net)

I would also be interested in buying a set. I would just like a copy of the file for the archives.
kline1

Postby 77 Spyder » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 pm

I just got off the phone with My Cousin, who basically runs a large sign / printing shop here in Green Bay. He said there is a very good chance he can make the decals with a Adobe Illustrator file. His machines are computerized and can convert that format. Sounds Like he would be glad to give it a shot...........
77 Spyder

Postby Monza Madness » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Carl, any rough guess on the cost?
Roger
79 IMSA TPI 350 A/C 700R4
79 Spyder 305 A/C 200r4
Monza Madness

1979 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby 77 Spyder » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:43 pm

He told me if the images are in a format that will convert with his equipment, It shouldn't be too hard to do. Not sure how much $ that is, But he said he needs to have the images first. The only thing he has at this point are pictures I gave him of a 77 spyder I used to own.

He also said he could trace from originals, But that would be very time consuming initialy. I was hoping acstestinc would share the files he has, & then get an answer. This cousin of mine that runs the business, is a car guy too, So he is interested in helping us out.

Hopefully we can get him the files & see what happens!
77 Spyder

Postby acstestinc » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:05 pm

I got 1 quote back but I pretty sure they are "out to lunch" on the pricing. I was warned that they would be very high unless they really wanted my business (they're more production oriented). I'm waiting for three other companies to quote.

As far as sharing the file I'm good with that but I will need to get the OK from the person who created it first.

I'll let you know about pricing as soon as all the quotes are in. (2 companies gave me ball park pricing over the phone and it was less than 1/2 of the first place).

Paul
acstestinc

spyder stripe updated

Postby spydertom » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:49 pm

I also might have someone who would be interested in making the stripes.

If it is possible to get a copy.

Should know more in a week or so.
Tom

78 spyder
spydertom

Postby zeke » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:09 pm

I sure would like the vector graphics as well! 8)
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby acstestinc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:40 am

Have received 3 quotes , just waiting on the last 2.

I'll give the creator of the file a call tonight and let him know of the interest.

Hey Zeke didn't realize how close by you are. I golf in K/W. If you are planning on keeping your car red you can add on to my order if you like. Let me know.

PS: Since you changed from auto to 4 gear you should also consider changing your rear end gears. Auto's came with 2:26"s or 2:53"s while 4 speeds had 2:93's or 3:08's. Without the slipage of the torque converter the lower ratio gears are on the tall side.

Paul
acstestinc

Postby acstestinc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:13 am

Just for the hell of it I sent an e-mail to Equity Management, (they control the GM Restoration parts licensing) asking for a list of all licensed H-body parts suppliers and complaining about Stencils & Stripes.
Let's see if anything comes of it.
acstestinc

Postby zeke » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:05 pm

acstestinc wrote:Have received 3 quotes , just waiting on the last 2.

I'll give the creator of the file a call tonight and let him know of the interest.

Hey Zeke didn't realize how close by you are. I golf in K/W. If you are planning on keeping your car red you can add on to my order if you like. Let me know.

PS: Since you changed from auto to 4 gear you should also consider changing your rear end gears. Auto's came with 2:26"s or 2:53"s while 4 speeds had 2:93's or 3:08's. Without the slipage of the torque converter the lower ratio gears are on the tall side.

Paul

I'm thinking of going black exterior actually. I'm not sure what the proper color stripes are supposed to be for that.

Gearing seems ok now, will be getting a 12 bolt eventually anyways. May go with 3.73's then.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion