Spyder Stripe Orders

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Postby acstestinc » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:39 am

I've been thinking about asking Ralph how many more orders does he need and then placing an order for them. Providing that he would allow me to sell them first, E-Bay/referral from S&S, before he makes another run.

I'll call him on Monday.

Paul
acstestinc

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby acstestinc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:05 am

I spoke to Ralph and asked him to let me know exactly how many more orders he needed and that I was considering placing an order to get him to that number to get the run done.

He was very interested and agreed to my provision that I act as a stocking reseller. He would forward orders to me while I have stock.

He said he would let me know by the quantity by Monday.

Paul
acstestinc

Postby 77 Spyder » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:25 am

Weird that as a business he doesn't want to stock them, in addition to all the orders that we might generate right now.

My guess is, he is going to want to run a lot of them, so I hope he gives you a better price, or a wholesale price. I called him again a few weeks ago, & never got a call back.

If we just knew how many he needs. Seems like a simple question that he doesn't want to answer. :( Must take some time to figure it out?
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby Monza Madness » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:49 am

I can't say why he wouldn't want to stock this item, unless he pays heavy on inventory tax, and doesn't feel he can move enough items to make it worth his while. Unless it's a GM licensing thing, I don't know how that works. Is it paid per item at production, or a percent at sale? Anyone know or is it different for each contract with GM?
Roger
79 IMSA TPI 350 A/C 700R4
79 Spyder 305 A/C 200r4
Monza Madness

1979 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby acstestinc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Having run my own business for years I can say, having slow moving stock on the shelf is like putting money there, not getting any interest and not knowing if your ever going to get it back.

History has shown Ralph that Spyder stripes are slow movers. If he had even a reasonable stream of orders, say 10 per year, I'm sure he would stock them.

I'm not sure how or when the GM royalty gets paid. I suspect it's a fixed amount upon making a sale.

From a previous conversation I remember that he needed 10 orders min to do a run. He would then print 12 and put 2 in stock.

Anyone else thinking about ordering ?
Thanks
Paul
acstestinc

Postby zeke » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:37 pm

I will want a set for my car eventually.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby acstestinc » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:37 pm

Has anyone who placed an order at Stencils & Stripes received a call recently from Ralph confirming the order ?

I spoke to Ralph and told him that I would place an order for multiple sets that would get him to his minimum order quantity. I asked him to let me know how many and of what colors he needed. He was supposed to call me back 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting. I haven't pursued it because I've been pretty busy (Father In Law passed away) but now I'm ready to move on this.

Thanks
Paul
acstestinc

Postby 77 Spyder » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:52 pm

To Be honest, I think were getting a bit of a brush off. :(

I have called twice asking the same questions, got his machine, & no return calls. I am not giving up, just not feeling too positive about it.
77 Spyder

Postby acstestinc » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:21 pm

I've also put a call out to Bryan regarding the Spyder stripes that he had made at a sign shop.
I've seen them but I need to take a closer look. Right now I would perfer the stripes from S&S but if Ralph is not interested then I'll have to consider other options.
Paul
acstestinc

Postby Monza Madness » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:54 pm

I'm thinking the orders we have already are some pretty good coin. Maybe he doesn't do this full time or making the routes on the car show circuit?
Roger
79 IMSA TPI 350 A/C 700R4
79 Spyder 305 A/C 200r4
Monza Madness

1979 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby 77 Spyder » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:13 am

Todays vinyl cutters are lightning fast & do it from a computer drawing. I would assume thats what he uses. The one thing that could take some time is screening the other colors on the hood decal. Ralph seems like a good guy, just don't know why he won't let us know whats up?

Seeing we don't have many options, I guess we just wait...........
77 Spyder

Postby acstestinc » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:51 pm

I've been doing some homework into inkjet printed decals for vehicles as a solution. This is the method used for vehicle wraps and company logos etc. I have a few samples at home and the detail is extremely good. Spyder stripes don't have anywhere near the detail of these samples so it looks like a viable solution. They claim a 4 to 5 year lifespan under normal conditions which for me would turn into 20 years with a garage stored car.

I'll post when I get info.

Paul
acstestinc

Postby gerbsinmd » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:05 pm

I was wondering about that exact method, Vehicle Wrap, with respect to several of the oddball sticker sets that are out there, like the Road Hawk, and Free Spirit, and even the 80 Spyder stickers. A little scanning and photoshop work should make it possible to create most anything I would think.

Darrel
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby acstestinc » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:47 pm

The 99% of the work is in creating / editing the digital images and getting them perfect.

The 80 stripes would require a ton more work because of their size and the fact that the side decals wrap around the rear end. The rear spoiler decal also wraps around the spoiler end pieces.

The 76 - 79 stripes are all flat.

Paul
acstestinc

spyder stripes

Postby spydertom » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:53 am

I ready for any option to get stripes.
I will be ready for them by the end of winter.

I placed an order early to make sure that I would have them.

Waiting for 20 months is @$&#ing insane :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Apparently our cars and business are not important.
Tom

78 spyder
spydertom

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion