Wanting to get the HELL outta Cali...recommendations?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Postby geartwister39 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:19 pm

come on over to the georgia mountains.....come on in boys....the water is fine !!!! :) :) :)
larry s
78 monza wagon 355/th350
geartwister39

1978 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby SWT Racing » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:26 pm

I'd like to get out of the PRK as well. . .housing is just too expensive here. To buy even an older home (40 years old) with a tiny 1200 sq ft floor plan, you need 600-650K just to get in the door.

I'd have to have a soild job offer lined up before I could leave though.
Andrew Slater
Hangar18 Fabrication/SWT Racing
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/swtracing.html

TurboGMs.com Featured Car: Click Here!
SWT Racing

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mastiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:38 pm

there is a lot of houses in michigan. only because a lot of people are leaving. so are the jobs. been thinkin about moving lately too. there is a saying in michigan ( would the last one to leave please turn out the lights )
mastiff

Postby vega_man_larry » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:39 am

Texas is holding it's own. Housing is quite affordable in most of the state. My daughter and her husband bought a very nice 4 bedroom 2 bath brick house for 100K! San Antonio is booming. Toyota is starting up a factory there. The Army is always looking for civilians so keeping an eye out on the job listings may also yeild results. Compared to California you can get alot more for your money. Good luck in your search.

Larry
vega_man_larry

where to live

Postby erock805 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:04 am

I have lived in a lot of the areas your looking into...kinda depends what you are lookin for. here is my 2 cents

Tulsa, nice people, gearhead friendly, cheap, tough to make big bucks, very humid...great motocross and cool lawless drag strip

colorado, born there, mom still lives there, all 4 seasons, dont need Ac in the car but you need heat, house prices have slipped down recently

Denver is one of the most highly educated areas (read lottsa masters and docs), great place for a single fella or raising a family, you'll lose at least a second in the quarter, you will have to get out of town to get acorage

Fort Collins, neet place, lottsa tree huggers, bandimere in denver is still close enough

Pueblo is warmer as i recall, we lived there when i was a kid, still remnance of mafia there, they used to have a drag strip and roundy round

I moved from Ventura Ca, 3 years ago...loved that place

how about sunny AZ, in phx we got lottsa motor sports, good prices, lottsa choices, two drag strips, roundy round and much much more
erick in AZ
http://www.myspace.com/erock805
http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/erock805
73 vega wagon
61 Econoline PU
Road King
34 ford PU
94 bagged crew cab dually
06 GTO
two rat head kids
erock805

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:15 am

erock805,
thanks for the great post..
I definitely will look into some of the areas you and others have suggested.. I would rather put on a sweater than not be able to cool off..

Maybe some of you will be willing to give me a guided tour should I "stop by" your area? :)

Later,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Texas

Postby spyderman1977 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:26 am

Colin one thing to remember is that Texas is HUGE. A 500 mile trip can still leave you in Texas and thats going east/west or north/south. I am sure that the big cities like Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio you can find whatever style house you want and probably the range you want it in. Also the climate here and drive you insane. There is just about every type of climate you can think of here. North Texas in the panhandle areas has it fair share of cold winters and mild summers while South Texas can provide you with mild winters and hot summers.

Paul
spyderman1977

1976 Buick Skyhawk Free Spirit

Previous

Return to General Discussion