window louvers

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

window louvers

Postby jdmrh07 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:14 pm

I just found a guy selling some aluminum rear window louvers in original sealed box for $275.00

I thought that was a little steep. But I haven't really looked around and seen just how rare those louvers are. I figured I could find some in the junk yard for $20--- but then again I don't know how practical that is.

so is that a reasonable price? I would love to get some nice old school louvers --- but I really don't want to get jipped if you know what I mean!

thanks ahead of time!
- Jonny Monza -

"Ya know... I've never really seen anything wrong with Bell Bottoms..."

'75 Monza Street Machine
'77 IMSA Starfire
'80 Monza Spyder
'85 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
'88 GMC Kustom Van
'89 Cavalier Z24
jdmrh07

Postby rm617 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:54 am

Ron
1977 Monza Mirage 20,000 original miles
Featured in Hemming Muscle Machines magazine January 2005 issue.
rm617

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby jdmrh07 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:05 am

rm617 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=150029747747&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Well I guess thats the going price on Ebay, but that's just it. Its Ebay --- the prices kinda depend on the day ---

what do you guys think?
- Jonny Monza -

'75 Monza Street Machine
'77 IMSA Starfire
'80 Monza Spyder
'85 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
'88 GMC Kustom Van
'89 Cavalier Z24
jdmrh07

Postby greg72 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:32 am

I worked in the speed shop business for years . Back in the early 80's when these were being manufactured a good set of rear window louvers was at least $150 new in the box , for a brand name such as Cragar (although theirs were abs. Interpart made aluminum ones). (or was it the other way around :lol: )

Anyway.....

Now it is 20 years later ..... and these things are NOT available anywhere. If these are new in the box then yeah $275 sounds about right .....If I was the seller I would not have put a price on them I would have gone straight to ebay (well ..only after offering them here first :) )

If you are hesitant , maybe you don't want them ......that is the basis I use for a lot of my decisions ..... for example at night when i am rumaging through the fridge for something to eat , but can't decide what ....i realize i am really just bored not hungry :lol:

Bottom line here is if you want them grab them while you can. They have not been manufactured for years and are tough to find used let alone new. If it is something you really want ....once you have it the price is a non issue ....they will be considered priceless by you and more than likely you will not part with them.

BTW if you do pass on them ..... kindly post the sellers info :)
Greg
greg72

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby jdmrh07 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:47 am

greg72 wrote:I worked in the speed shop business for years . Back in the early 80's when these were being manufactured a good set of rear window louvers was at least $150 new in the box , for a brand name such as Cragar (although theirs were abs. Interpart made aluminum ones). (or was it the other way around :lol: )

Anyway.....

Now it is 20 years later ..... and these things are NOT available anywhere. If these are new in the box then yeah $275 sounds about right .....If I was the seller I would not have put a price on them I would have gone straight to ebay (well ..only after offering them here first :) )

If you are hesitant , maybe you don't want them ......that is the basis I use for a lot of my decisions ..... for example at night when i am rumaging through the fridge for something to eat , but can't decide what ....i realize i am really just bored not hungry :lol:

Bottom line here is if you want them grab them while you can. They have not been manufactured for years and are tough to find used let alone new. If it is something you really want ....once you have it the price is a non issue ....they will be considered priceless by you and more than likely you will not part with them.

BTW if you do pass on them ..... kindly post the sellers info :)

You know, your absolutely right. I just didnt want to believe they were worth that.

I think I'm gonna go for it. Louvers Rock

thanks for your help
- Jonny Monza -

'75 Monza Street Machine
'77 IMSA Starfire
'80 Monza Spyder
'85 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
'88 GMC Kustom Van
'89 Cavalier Z24
jdmrh07

Return to General Discussion