wheel offset .....HELP

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

wheel offset .....HELP

Postby AusRs » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:22 am

will a rim that has a 30 mm offsett fit a Monza ???
15x7 is the rim ......stud pattern is correct
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzapla » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:42 am

30 mm = 1 3/16". Thats not very much offset. I believe most are running around 3 1/2" offset. It should fit, but it is going to really stick out. Hopefully someone else will chime in here and correct me or validate me.
Perry
monzapla

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 92turbogtz » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Wheel offset is different the backspacing. Here is a description I took from Yokohama Tire's website.

Wheel Backspace
This is the distance from the back edge of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. To determine the wheel backspace:

Position the wheel face down. Lay a straight-edge across the back of the wheel. Measure the distance from the straight-edge to the wheel's hub mounting surface.

Wheel Offset
The wheel's offset is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset of a wheel can be one of three settings:

Zero offset: The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive offset: The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front-wheel drive cars.

Negative offset: The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheel's centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically negative offset. Offset can be calculated by positioning the wheel on a flat surface and measuring its overall width and backspace as shown below. Divide the overall width by two, then subtract this result from the backspace value.
Alex
1998 BMW 328is - Current
78 Formula Sunbird - Sold :(
92turbogtz

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Return to General Discussion