Fastest conversion you've done?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:10 pm

Oh yes, I know how that is... I could probably list 15-20 things in the last year that have happened like your MSD distributor.

What year is your Nova? I'm considering a 69-72 as a daily driver.

I think I'll be in your area sometime next week. I'll let you know :)
Later,
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:46 pm

the Nova is actually a 74 that i found out in a field by the road i was on going to Lake Elsonoir. it was a former 6 cylinder base car "stripper", bench seat front,no radio,perforated cardboard headliner and not much else. it was sans engine and trans and was liesure world gold in color. picked it up for $300.00 . My brother got a 30 over 350 from a couple of kids with more money than sence who had put toghter this engine with some real expensive parts but assembled them selves. it lasted about 10 to 15 minuetes when a rod bolt lossened and the inevitable damage occured. it had all the makings of a great 400hp 355 so my brother started over ballanced and blueprinted it and did some porting on the heads. he picked up the block for $500.00 and true to Edwards traditions was going to install it in his 18 ft fishing boat that had prviously had a 140 horse 4 cylinder in it. he got a deal on a Mercruiser 305 sbc and drive so he sold me the 355 for just what he paid for it $500.00 so he really took a loss when you consider bearings, gaskets ,machine work, and porting etc. but that's what brothers are for . i help him with the heavy lifting chores and he builds me some very nasty but durable sbc's. put a a theroughly beefed up tubo 350 trans in it,DOUG THOURLY tri -y headers, flowmasters, late 70's chromed 5 spokes wheels and 235/60/15 tires on them. its a great driver,it'll take 6 people , and its a real sleeper. the ehaust sound is the only giveaway so unless they look under the hood they assume it to be granny's car with some nice rims;. 8)
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:47 pm

lmao.. that's awesome.. i'm actually considering not even painting my Vega and trolling on the streets for some action..

I love the sleeper look
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:09 pm

I'LL MAKE SURE I HAVE SOME PICTURES OF IT WHEN YOU COME TO PICK UP THE PUMP. I'LL BE GLAD TO SEE IT GOING TO GOOD USE AND TO A DESERVING INDIVIDUAL. PS: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ON THE NEW SITE AND PLEASE ,PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONEL WHEN PEOPLE SAY AND DO WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO. SOME ARE GOING TO LOVE YOU AND SOME MAY WELL HATE YOU THATS JUST HOW WE PEOPLE ARE WHEN CONFRONTING CHANGE. DON'T FAULT BOB OR HIS WIFE TOO MUCH THO. THEY'VE DONE A LOT IN THE PAST AND I FOR ONE CAN SEE THAT THEY ARE IN A BAD SPOT NOW WITH THE SITE AND IT'S PROBABLY REAL HARD FOR THEM TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THEIR SITE AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS AND EFFORT. I JUST HOPE EVERY THING GETS IRONED OUT WITH OUT TOO MANY HARD FEELINGS FROM YOU OR BOB OR ANY ONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER :wink:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Previous

Return to General Discussion