Upper and lower A-arms Boxed?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Caveman » Thu May 03, 2007 9:11 pm

Here it is.

Ok, I have new upper ball joints that I ordered from my local parts store. And you can order your from them too. It's about a hundred or so on line and A & M can get the for $89.00 plus shipping.

On line at RareParts.com.

A & M MOTOR SUPPLY
16165 LOS GATOS BLVD.
LOS GATOS CA, 95032
408-356-5141

The ball joints in the picture are from far left to right,

LEFT; from RareParts.com (Part #10312) they appear to be OEM quality? not as stiff as the old old MOOG# K6118 units in the center, but they are new and available. The old Moog part number is on the bag.

CENTER; is our old Moog #6118 part.

RIGHT;The ball joint on the right is the Car Quest Chevy S 10 # RK5208 and is NOT a bolt in replacement. Enjoy!

I don't know how long they will last but, that's the best I can do for all of you.

Thanks

John

P. S. My friend did most of the legwork on this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caveman

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby VegaRon72 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:11 pm

So it looks as though Carquest sold me a pair of S-10 joints. Damn it!! I have a pair of LCA's coming and they have new uppers in them. I'll take them back..... And set them straight!

Ron
VegaRon72
User has been banned.

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby Caveman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:57 pm

Upper and lower A-arms done and painted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caveman

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

control arms

Postby spyderwagon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 pm

John. Very nice work!!!
Would you consider doing side work? If so, how much would you want to do my 4 a arms?

Thanks
Logan
its not about "who you know" its about "do you know yourself"
spyderwagon

Postby Caveman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 am

I am very flattered that you would want me to do the same thing for you. Thanks for the compliment :oops: . I first don't know what I would charge for that kind of work. I also have to be honest in that, this is untested and, I would not want to be responsible if something went wrong. From start to finish, I think there is Twenty to forty hours in them all the way to paint. I wonder how much that would be? It would probably be more then a set of tubular A-arms. So, I think I will have to pass.

If you want to see more pictures of how I did it, I could send or post some for you.

Thanks

John
Caveman

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby spyder_xlch » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 am

If it would cost more than a set of tubular arms, and they would be heavier than the tubular arms, I'd say get tubular arms. Spohn Performance will be working on making them in the near future. They already have rear lowers and are working on rear uppers as we speak.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby spyderwagon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:11 pm

John, I do understand and thanks for the honesty.

Matt, I dont know if I have spoon or what brand, I do have boxed rear control arms for both cars.
What company makes tubular that fit the monza that I can use s10 ball joints?

Thanks
Logan
its not about "who you know" its about "do you know yourself"
spyderwagon

Postby spyder_xlch » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Spohn is going to be working on them soon. I'm not sure of all the details but I'm sure they will take the S-10 ball joints and will be adjustable, atleast the uppers. I don't know about lowers being adjustable.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Caveman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 pm

We did it this way because we fill that it will be strong and, as a street car and some track, we could take the hit on the weight. Who knows, we may go to the tube A-arms too. :D
Caveman

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech