Brake tubing question.

Moderator: Moderators

Brake tubing question.

Postby SunbirdMan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:55 pm

I suppose this could have gone in the trans forum because its tubing related. Anyone know about this stuff? On this page the product called Ezibend. I figure this is a brand name for something that other manufacturers supply. I'd like to find a DIY supplier if I could. These guys just deal with businesses.

http://www.brakequip.com/tubes.html

"BrakeQuip has introduced a revolutionary new product to the brake industry called EziBend Tube that will make custom tube assemblies a piece of cake.
Because it is made of non-corrosive material, it enables this tube to be used in areas like boat trailers & harsh environments. The best part with this tube is that it is great to work with so you don’t need any bending tools to shape the tube, including tight bends. This tube which can be found on a lot of high class European vehicles as OEM & exceeds DOT standards. An added bonus for using this tube for the street rod market is that it polishes up brilliantly to a chrome finish. Available in sizes 3/16”, 1/4” 5/16” & 3/8” OD."
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby Tailssideup » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Napa has brake lines like this now. Its just a little bit more than the regular line and whatever it is made of it wont crimp. I broke the line open trying to get it to crimp.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird
Tailssideup

Postby SunbirdMan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:38 am

I'll be stopping by napa Saturday and see what they got. Thanks
SunbirdMan

Postby AusRs » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:45 am

not sure how the system works in the USA
here in Aus we have suppliers of clutch and brake parts they machine fly wheels reco wheel cylinders etc they deal with trade or private people
some of them even make up brake lines
i have had the 2 rear hard lines remade at a total cost of $20 Aus
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby Tailssideup » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:43 am

I guess Autozone has the same stuff but a little cheaper.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird
Tailssideup

Postby SunbirdMan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:48 am

I have two little projects going. I have a transmission cooler from a Ford van which I'm using because it uses steel lines instead of hoses so I'll not have to ever replace a hose in front of the radiator.
And when I do my rear disc brake conversion I plan to relocate the new proportioning valve. Both these projects need some custom tubing while the car is disabled at home. I got a cheapo tubing bender but it doesnt make very tight radius bends.
I found this in my searching. This isn't very clear but I interpret it to mean a bender isn't needed.
"Brake Lines
EdelmannĀ® flexible brake lines can be bent by hand and won't kink."
SunbirdMan

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech