New Here

Moderator: Moderators

New Here

Postby phew » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:41 pm

Just wanted to say that I've found a lot of good post here. All have help me in building my Monza. Still have to answer the header issue, but I'm crossing that bridge soon. The BBC alt to run great in it. Thx 70styleVega for the answers in your s10 spindle post.
phew

1976 Chevrolet Monza

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 am

Welcome to the board!! That's one helluva ride you have there...
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby NixVegaGT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:03 am

Yeah welcome, man. I was wondering about your build. Did you remove the firewall to get at the rust? Or did you move it back a little? Great solution for the front rails/roll bar. I've seen a lot of guys that try to build the front rails like a Camaro and chop the UCA support. They end up twisting the car up like a pretzel. Even ruining the car for good like Ray's recent find.
- Nic '73 Vega GT "DogBoxx" Batwing LS1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357894
NixVegaGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Nix

Postby phew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:29 pm

NixVegaGT wrote:Yeah welcome, man. I was wondering about your build. Did you remove the firewall to get at the rust? Or did you move it back a little? Great solution for the front rails/roll bar. I've seen a lot of guys that try to build the front rails like a Camaro and chop the UCA support. They end up twisting the car up like a pretzel. Even ruining the car for good like Ray's recent find.

Thx Nix. I didn't want to take to much away from the strength (what little bit it had ) of the frontend. I still have work to do. Getting my friends at American Race Components to build some UCA's for me and I'm switching over to a coil over setup. I'll add some pics when I get them installed. My aviater pic is what I started with after the Nova trade, but the frontend was a basket case. Done very pourly. Hope to get some imput from the rest of the board. I can used some good ideas on a few things.
" I can't speak for everyone here, but I for one am getting sick to my stomach with all this empty yella talk. "
phew

1976 Chevrolet Monza

Firewall

Postby phew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:31 pm

Oh BTW.... The firewall was moved back 13" due to the BBC I was putting in it. Other than that. The firewall was sound. Hated to cut it up, but with 9K invested in a motor, I'm going to use it. lol
" I can't speak for everyone here, but I for one am getting sick to my stomach with all this empty yella talk. "
phew

1976 Chevrolet Monza

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech