Front coil springs

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Front coil springs

Postby Astre-mutt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Not sure why no one is using the H-body library. There is a list of every spring that came in the H-bodies. Look under stock suspension. There you can find spring rates, load ratings, and even coil diameters.

http://h-body.org/library/hbodyfaq/index.html
Scott
76 Astre panel express
Astre-mutt

1976 Pontiac Astre Safari Wagon

Postby 1972vega » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 am

Sorry for the long delay in responding, but I can't find the receipt with the part #. Stupid me, I took the tags off when I painted them black before installing so that idea didn't work either... :(
Sorry
(But as I didn't have a part number when I went to get them I did it by the vehical description for the V6).
1972 Vega - Harvest Gold - 355SBC, Vortec heads, Turbo 350 - 3000 Stall, Ford 4.11 Locker, M/T 8.5 x 26 Slicks.
Best ET 11.71 - 115MPH - 1.60RT - All stock chassis - no subframe/roll cage/stock interior.
1972vega

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby cadillac_man06 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

since you guys are all talking about frt coil springs maybe you can steer me in the right direction, i have a 73 vega gt hatchback, shallow pocket lower arms, it is a v8 sbc. i like the ride height and all. my question is the springs seem weak as for the car lifts up fast and comes down fast would like a stiffer stronger spring that wont let the car squat or come down so hard, havent hit the oil pan or headers yet but its going to happen if i dont get the frt end to keep from compressing. i dont know what springs are in the frt but they have been cut.
cadillac_man06

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech