Overkill control arms two thumbs up

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Overkill control arms two thumbs up

Postby overkillrc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

wow thanks merle i missed this thread. i do them set up for S-10 ball joints and have been doing them for 2.5* positive caster in the uppers and lowers.

thanks for the feedback :th:
overkillrc

Postby overkillrc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

wow thanks merle i missed this thread. i do them set up for S-10 ball joints and have been doing them for 2.5* positive caster in the uppers and lowers.

thanks for the feedback :th:
overkillrc

Postby cptech » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:01 am

After reading a bunch of posts about control arms, I decided to call Overkill. Spoke to Justin this past Friday and I ordered the economy uppers from him. I received email from UPS Monday morning saying they were being shipped on Monday. Ya can't ask for more than that............... Justin was great to deal with and answered all my questions. Looking forward to having my control arms in a few days.
cptech

Postby cptech » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Received my control arms from OverKill this past friday (10/7) They look great and very professional. Looking forward to getting started on the car. Thanks Justin.
cptech

Postby gonecheenin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Any pics of these installed and how they worked out?

I'm to the point of getting ready to box my stock arms, install POLY bushings, and modify the uppers to accept a 1" taller balljoint from HOWE Racing for better camber through the suspension cycle - these could be an all around MUCH better result from the looks of things!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'75 Monza Coupe V8 4.3 "Work in progress"
'78 Monza Coupe V6 3.8 "Parts car"
gonecheenin

Postby cptech » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't have any pictures, but they turned out very well. Uppers and lowers installed with no issues. The car is currently semi torn apart for winter updates so i won't have any driving updates till it's all back together. I used my original coil springs but went with new double adjustable viking shocks. The car sits well. The top of the tire sits just up inside the wheel well.
If you're gunna be a bear......be a Grizzly
cptech

Previous

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech