Questions about coilovers,tubular arms,rack and pinion.

Moderator: Moderators

Questions about coilovers,tubular arms,rack and pinion.

Postby 71ShifTeeVega » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:09 pm

First and foremost hello to all my fellow H-Body warriors.I'm new to the Hbody world and need a lot of help/advice on my 71 Vega Gt build.I'm getting an 8 point cage put in now to hold her together for the LSX/6speed install in her.I want to be able to have the ability to adjust my suspension to not only drag/street race but to also go to local drift events to kick some import ass in my MiniMusclecar.I know they're probably topics with my answers but I thought this would be the best way to start things off and introduce myself.So with that being said here are a few questions I have.

1)-Do S10 front coil overs work for 71 Vega?....I have the 98 and newer Blazer dual piston setup already.
2)-Do G-body 78-87 rear coil overs work for the rear?....I have rear Blazer disc brakes already.
3)-What rack can I use with the OverKill racing K member?
4)-Who makes a panhard bar for Hbody chassis?
5)-Do anyone else make front upper/lower tubular arms besides OverKill?...Already have the UMI rears.

This is just a few questions for now.Hopefully it's not too much.

Thanks in advance everyone!
71ShifTeeVega

Re: Questions about coilovers,tubular arms,rack and pinion.

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome aboard Shifty! I can help with the panhard bar question. I hope this helps! Harry http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index ... 86_188_193 and this http://www.spohn.net/shop/1975-1980-GM- ... hard-Bars/
I would like to point out that Spohn and Justin Kill are members here! Justin is a regular member/contributor and Spohn is a Sponsor of this fine board so a purchase from either should include that you seen them here as a purchase from either is good for the collective H Group Harry
Last edited by Monza Harry on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby megavega » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 pm

overkill control arms are available for the regular coil spring(stock) or with coil overs. I believe theres another company making tubular control arms also. I bought a set of overkill upper control arms and was happy with purchase. Justin uses a narrowed mustang rack on his crossmember. you should try to get in touch with him.

not alot of places make parts for h body cars so its slim pickins.
1972 hatchback, 28,000 orig miles, 427BBC/twin T4 turbo's/T56 six speed/big wheels, lowered down pro touring style-work in progress....

1973 vega wagon-under the blue flame knife.
megavega

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby 71ShifTeeVega » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks guys for the info...My cage guy is going to make me a panhard bar and I'm going to get the control arms,k member,rack from overkill...I still need to know if the front s10 and rear gbody coilovers work on my 71 Vega HB..I'll try asking overkill racing that question also.
71ShifTeeVega

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech