Rack n Pinion

Moderator: Moderators

Rack n Pinion

Postby cptech » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Folks,

Looking for suggestions and maybe a little help. I'm finally getting back to my 71 Vega. It's a back half pro street type car with a sbc and a automatic. I'm using all of Justins parts to install his rack. Justins upper and lower control arms, k member, and his rack, along with s10 spindles My question more relates to the steering column. I'd like to make it as easy as possible to get in and out of the car. I've recently converted it to a swing out side bar which really helps, but i'd also like a tilt steering column. Any suggestions that might make it a bit easier to convert to the rack. The car will be street driven occasionally and i've installed a new american wire wiring harness that uses the gm style steering column plugin......if that helps any.

Thanks in advance for any help
If you're gunna be a bear......be a Grizzly
cptech

Re: Rack n Pinion

Postby cptech » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Nothing ?? Someone must have gone thru this before me.........little help.
cptech

Postby michael allman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Look at 1985 corvette
michael allman

Postby 7t7wagin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,
I did everything your talking about doing. I installed all of Justin`s parts and the tilt column as well in my avatar pic car. I did post some pictures of what I did, here on the board.
There is a post in General Discussion called "FINALLY" posted May 2013 . I think there is a pic of what I did to connect column to rack. What you might not like is that I found no headers or manifolds that worked with this set-up,
I ended up making a set of headers to work with the R&P. Anything I can help you with, send me an email.

Bill
7t7wagin

Postby cptech » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 am

Hi Bill, thanks for the info.

email sent
cptech

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech