S10 front single calipers rear S10 blazer 2000 disc

Moderator: Moderators

Re: S10 front single calipers rear S10 blazer 2000 disc

Postby 67shovel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:58 pm

UPDATE UPDATE! :th: Finally got it to work, at least on jack stands. Switched back to my original master cylinder that measured just over an inch at the bore, had the wife help bleed brakes, and cranked the proportioning valve all the way in towards "Increase".
Nothing. :x Cranked it back out half way towards "Reduce" and now I could stop the wheel in gear on jackstands! :D Cranked it a little more and they stopped even easier :D I'll go find a blank road a start hammering the brakes and make adjustments.
Long story longer, the only problem I realy had was not having an adjustable proportioning valve as many of you suggested.
Another solution my have been in bench bleeding the master cylinder incorrectly.
I mounted it up and ran the plastic fittings and tubes back into a full reservior and couldn't get the rear to purge completly. Kept blowing bubbles back and forth. Maybe this is a disc drum M cyl. and the rear drum parts didn't send enough juice. I had the wife press the brake while I held my finger on it and had her hold the pedal down till it quit brupping and then attached the last fitting while pedal was depressed. :D Sounds like that was my problem all along........but don't you love it when you get it.
I had a buddy's trick pressure bleeder with the cap that attaches to the master cyl and you pump it up to 6 PSI. I figured that I wouldn't have bleed the master cyl with that set up. I was wrong and knew it when he said you still need to bench bleed.
Thanks again to all you folks that responed and gave suggestions. I believe it's "open cooler class" time now :dance:
79 Monza wagon Pro street, cage tubs narrowed 9
73 GT Vega wagon street car 355 700r4 a/c
68 RS Z/28 302
67 SS 396
Cobra replica
65 Corvair Corsa midengine 301
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED
67shovel

Postby avewhtboy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Congratulations persistence pays off once again!

So, which master cylinder did you end up using on this? Not the Ford F250 truck master?
avewhtboy

Postby 67shovel » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 am

I believe it's for a disc/drum S10. It measured at about 1".
79 Monza wagon Pro street, cage tubs narrowed 9
73 GT Vega wagon street car 355 700r4 a/c
68 RS Z/28 302
67 SS 396
Cobra replica
65 Corvair Corsa midengine 301
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED
67shovel

Previous

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech