Anybody running "big bore" metric calipers?

Moderator: Moderators

Anybody running "big bore" metric calipers?

Postby highstrungvega » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:17 pm

I've been studying up on my upcoming s10 brake conversion. It's consist of monza lower A arms rebuilt with sleeve adapters and AJE uppers. Gotta go pull early s10 spindles etc. BUT... I've seen a lot of guys have trouble nailing down the master cylinder :shock:
My thoughts have brought me too running these calipers
https://www.ebay.com/itm/381527473459 with stock s10 rotors. I also have new 67 camaro drum brakes out back. During my digging I found this article helpful
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/manual- ... tml#/enter
FINALLY I believe I'm gonna use a 1" master from like a 78 camaro manual brakes I think this should work real well anybody have any experience with those calipers or similar setup?!? :dance:
Thank you Alvin
72 Coupe
71 Notchback selling
2013 Ford F150XLT company work truck
You learn more from doing it wrong the first time!
highstrungvega

Re: Anybody running "big bore" metric calipers?

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanx Alvin I am real interested in that Metric III caliper made out of Aluminum, that is about 2#'s per wheel savings and a bump in squeeze too! That is a pretty good read over at HR's Forum, I managed about 1/2+ but I will return! Thanx Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby highstrungvega » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:19 am

Extra braking is one plus but my thoughts were to get the balance between master and caliper/wheel cylinder back to stock these calipers are almost as big as stock 2nd gen camaro. That's why I'm picking master off a camaro head scratching.
72 Coupe
71 Notchback selling
2013 Ford F150XLT company work truck
You learn more from doing it wrong the first time!
highstrungvega

Postby MonzaRacer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:58 am

WHY? Gbody brakes and their upgrades work fine but dang it S10 brakes with stock 7/8" Monza master works fine, I also used S10 rear brakes. Worked awesome. No mods needed except pads.
MonzaRacer

Postby chevyart » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 am

my buddy did the s-10 conversion and used an s-10 master cylinder. it had the plastic resivoir and it worked fine as far as stopping power. only snag was that the lines coming out of the master ran close to his hooker 2129 headers( the pipe going through fenderwell) art
chevyart

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech