rack n pinion headers

Moderator: Moderators

rack n pinion headers

Postby cptech » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm doing a rack n pinion conversion on my 71 HB using parts I purchased from Justin (almost 2 yrs ago) Wondering about the headers. Has anyone had success with any of the typical h body headers ??
When talking to Justin, he felt a tube or two would have to be modified to get them to work. My headers aren't in great shape so I figured if there were some that didn't need to be modified, I might be better off getting a new set vs "tweaking" a beat up set. My current headers are the hooker comp's 1 3/4 tube

Thanks
If you're gunna be a bear......be a Grizzly
cptech

Re: rack n pinion headers

Postby cptech » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:21 pm

bump
cptech

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 pm

CP I would love to weigh in but I have no experience with R&P in well almost anything and about the same in early Vega. What I will add, if you think there is any chance you will be cuttin' and bangin' on the headers, I would start with the beaters, you have them and you sort of imply they aren't up to much so what is there to lose? After fitting you will have an idea of at least 1 shape that fits, and you will then be able to "eyeball" the premises for more available Real Estate to compare to others. Or you could then start over and make a custom set yourself, while attending to the things you don't like about the "Mock-up Set". Just some "Droppings" to kick around. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cptech » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks for the info and suggestions Harry. Anything helps. I spoke to Sanderson headers the other day. They also made a few suggestions. I'll have to look into it further........thanks again.
cptech

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech