Smart steering column on h-body?

Moderator: Moderators

Smart steering column on h-body?

Postby rocki » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:36 pm

As part of my Sunbird/ Monza project, I'm thinking of using a "smart" steering column on the car. This would incorporate washer, wipers, headlight dimmer, cruise, and 4 way flashers through the switches in the column. I am thinking about using a column from a 3rd gen Camaro or Firebird, but it would surely require some modification to fit and work, in addition to all the rewiring. I saw a post on pro-touring.com where someone wanted to use a 3rd gen F-body column in a 69 Camaro. As any one on this forum made this conversion? Any ideas on how the column itself would need to be modified to work in an H-body? I would appreciate any and all information..

Thanks, Rocki
rocki

Re: Smart steering column on h-body?

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:17 am

Not a conversion I've seen mentioned here, but that would be an awesome swap out as I prefere the all at hand setup, I've always hated searching for the dimmer way up and out of site. Wipers and cruise on the turn signal stalk is also pretty convenient. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech