Lift Bars

Moderator: Moderators

Lift Bars

Postby Spooky » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:11 pm

Is there a company out there that makes lift bars for 'H' bodies that are similar to the old Southside Machine (SSM) lift bars that were for 'A' & 'G' body Chevys? Thanks.
Ron
Spooky

Postby theodorracer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:17 am

SSM did make a kit for the monza. till they went out of business.

call Jegs, they have all the SSM tooling. ask about them making the kit. if enough of us do this maybe they will offer it as a special order.

look around on the F body web forums. for new and used bars. that is what I did and found a new kit for half the price.

I have been thinking about making the lower arms. my Sister in law works for a place that was a laser jet cutter and they will cut the patterns for me.
I also an thinking of using a urethane bushing in place of the solid bushing to help with the ride quality for the street guys.

Joe
Joe

1979 Olds Starfire SX
327 13.5 to 1
4 Speed
theodorracer

1979 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Lift Bars

Postby Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:22 pm

I made templates from the last set of bars I bought from SSM and still have the original instruction sheets, but they were for a Monte Carlo SS. I didn't measure the lower control arm length (bolt hole to bolt hole).Do you think the length would be the same as the stock LCA's on the H-body?
Spooky

Postby DEMON Precision » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:25 am

i have an old set off a 64/67 chevelle and they are close to 21" center to center , the vega,s are around 13" i can give you and exact measurement for both tomorrow . as for fabbing up the set-up for a vega if the set-up is similair to the chevelle set-up only shorter i can get then costed this week , i work for a fab shop that has a cnc laser table and a powdercoating shop as well .

as for the SSM kit the ones i,ve seen came with a front crossmember as well as lower control arms .is that the kit you are looking for i have some images of the kit that where posted on the V8 monza site .

mikey
DEMON Precision

ssm

Postby theodorracer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:07 am

ssm kit pic's. no car in pic are for a F body. the main arms are the same, just the cross bar is different. the monza cross bar is strait.

the two pic's in car are from a buddies monza.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe

1979 Olds Starfire SX
327 13.5 to 1
4 Speed
theodorracer

1979 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Postby DEMON Precision » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 am

thanx for posting those joe i thought i got the images from you LOL .

later

mikey
DEMON Precision

Lower rear control arms

Postby danfigg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 pm

I bought a pair of Edelbrock Lower rear control arms for the 82-2002 Camaro and 78thru 87 G and A body cars. Here are the measurements. MONZA Lower rear control arms---- 14 inches from center hole to center hole. Sway bar bolt holes are 5 1/4 inches apart. G, A, F, bodies 19 1/4 inches from center hole to center hole. Sway bar bolts are 5 1/2 inches apart. I could live with the Longer control arm and either drill a hole and make another bolt location to give it 14 inches but the sway bar is a quarter of an inch off. I am also going to look at the Camaro rear brackets and see if they are farther back or at the same location at the Monza rear brackets. Any input these control arms are brand new and I dont want to butcher them if I dont have to. ---------------Danny
danfigg

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech