Exterior bits and pieces

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Exterior bits and pieces

Postby Bowtie_Stoffe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:16 am

Hi guys

I´m planning on restoring my -75 Monza in the winter... But I miss some pieces for the outside, the chrome that goes around the windows - (is it called trim?) I´m from sweden and are not sure of what it is called.... :oops: :oops:

Have been searching a little bit on the internet, but without finding anything. Does anyone here have any suggestions on where to look? The ultimate thing would be to find a company that also can ship to sweden.

I´m also looking for carpet, inner arm-rests, door panels....

Any help is highly appreciated!
Daily driver: Pontiac Firebird Coupé -93, 3,4L V6, TH700R4.
Fun car: Chevrolet Monza 2+2 1975. 302 cui CSB, Performer RPM, Holley 600DP, TRW, MickeyMouse heads, Hooker Competition headers, 3 inch single exhaust, TH350, shiftkit, 2.92 rear w. diff.

Bowler with 205 average.
Bowtie_Stoffe

Re: Exterior bits and pieces

Postby AusRs » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 am

what trim are you looking for ?
Not sure what window trim you are refering to :( is it t he trim that goes around the front and back glass ?
My carpet came off of ebay AAA carpets from memory ...a really good fit as well
door rubbers are available through metro (i think thats where mine came from )
the chrome and rubber pieces that go on the outside of the door ....good luck with those ,i was luccky enough to get a set of trims in Aus ..weird but true
inner arm rests are the same ( i am told ) as corvette OR there is a guy on ebay that sells repair sections for the front broken bits and he shipped to Aus

hope that is of some help to you !
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby Bowtie_Stoffe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 am

It´s the trim around all of the windows. I had a feeling that they are hard to find... :(

I guess that e-bay is the place to look, and to have a large portion of patience....
Daily driver: Pontiac Firebird Coupé -93, 3,4L V6, TH700R4.
Fun car: Chevrolet Monza 2+2 1975. 302 cui CSB, Performer RPM, Holley 600DP, TRW, MickeyMouse heads, Hooker Competition headers, 3 inch single exhaust, TH350, shiftkit, 2.92 rear w. diff.

Bowler with 205 average.
Bowtie_Stoffe

Postby monzajer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey, just to let you know the inner arm rests (or door pulls) are the same as the some second gen Camaros. Classic Industries sells them. The catalog I have is about 6 years old and at that time they sold for $69.95 each. Original Parts Group and/or Year One, also, may have them. Or you can keep checking ebay. They come up from time to time. Exterior trim also comes up on ebay from time to time. Good luck on your search jer
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Return to Restoration Tips