new guy here needing help with a 78 monza wagon....

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

new guy here needing help with a 78 monza wagon....

Postby 88chevy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm

ok guys i am new to this,so i will try my best...i just bought a 1978 monza wagon with a 1971 LT1 motor.....i got it for $500 and it does need some work.....i am more of a motor guy than body man....but this is what i have been looking for.......i started today tearing out all the rug and seats along with alot of other stuff i didnt think i would find....but anyways the thing is i dont know where to start to look for body parts and stuff for this.....any help you guys could give me would be great.....thanks alot....i will post some pics when i can.....
Last edited by 88chevy on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88chevy

Re: new guy here needing help with a 78 monza wagon....

Postby HotfootGT » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Welcome,
You found the best place to look!
Also try V8Monza.com as well as evilBay.
Howdy from Hotlanta
73 Kammback "Little Buddy"
62 Skylark 215 CI Aluminum V8
71 Dodge D-100 Sweptline
HotfootGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

Postby cjbiagi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Best thing to do is post what you need and we'll see what we can do. There is very little aftermarket support for these cars so it's either trying to find NOS parts or good used stuff. Depends what you are trying to build.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby monzajer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome aboard, my friend. This is one of the friendliest places on the planet.

Dream car, huhn? Well,....you definitely came to the right place. Lots of us with dreams here. It may take time and patience, but it will be worth it in the end. Whenever you get frustrated, grab your favorite beverage and come here and get some therapy.
S'all good bro! :dance:

Parts you say. Just ask and someone will probably have it. Please, read the "for sale" and "wanted" rules. There are good reasons for them. You can find parts here, V8Monza.com, e-bay, Craigslist. There are many very knowledgeable members and all are very friendly and willing to help.

Need some answers? Try using the search engine and/or "H-body.org" library. Lotsa good stuff there.

Gotta show some pics.

Again, welcome to the gang. Glad to have another member.

Good luck and have fun. :D

cheers jer :mrgreen:
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby 88chevy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:41 pm

thanks guys,i am going in for surgery on thursday than time to recoop and i will tackle it head on,got nothing but time.....i know the floors are bad in the front,and i may need the right side door......and maybe the rear hatch.......but i am looking forwor to doing the work.....again thanks and i will get the pics on tomorrow if i can
88chevy

Return to Restoration Tips