Need Vega Restoration Parts Supplier Info

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Need Vega Restoration Parts Supplier Info

Postby adspace » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 am

Just bought another 1971 vega gt.... now looking for parts and suppliers. Any one know the Best! Parts supplier for original used Vega Parts...wrecking yard etc. About 10 years ago I used some place in Canada that had every part you could want, but lost all that information so now I am starting over. Please if any one can give me a detailed list of used Vega parts suppliers, I would be very happy.
Thanks Sam
adspace

Re: Need Vega Restoration Parts Supplier Info

Postby 73Vegaguy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:24 am

I'm guessing you mean Dave's Vega Village. An online search should get you their contact info.
73Vegaguy

Postby adspace » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks, thats the place.
Are there any other places in the States?...

I simply hate walking through auto wrecking junk yards not knowing if they even have the parts your looking for.
I only need some radio nobs, and the two flat bars that come off the front clip and bolt below the radiator (for now)...not sure what they are called, some sort of "front support".
Any how this 71 GT v/8 is cool been sitting around for years, originally built for the track (not running)...just needs some work. This one has almost zero rust and still original paint, dash, radio, glass etc.
Thanks Sam
adspace

Postby rocketride » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Welcome aboard.
Suppliers of parts are at a minimum for our cars and finding cars in salvage yards is getting harder as well. Your best bet is to post in the WANTED section of this board for the parts that you need.

Jon
He who dies with the most toys.......is still dead.
rocketride

1980 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Return to Restoration Tips