does all replacement carpet suck?

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: does all replacement carpet suck?

Postby utah vega » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 pm

That's the best I could get it to fit! The passenger side foot area is pretty mangled too... I hope I can find something that fits decent
utah vega

Postby 427VEGA » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm

That looks just like the one I put in My car,fit was way off,there is no getting it to fit period,I was pretty disappointed but figured I would research it and replace it next Year. :bang:
427VEGA

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 pm

I hope that there is a better carpet out there. I am waiting on someone here telling me that brand "X" is the best and then someone else liking it as well, so far every brand has been dismissed ACC's carpet with all the bell's and whistles/ extra for the hatch, extra padding(to use as shim) comes to $500.00 + shipping not even close to reasonable for Canada, and MonzaQue is 1 month away today (if it wasn`t last minute where would the challenge be). It seems that ACC and Trim Parts are the only 2 making these, Stock Interiors is reported (here) to be ACC, J.C. Whitney is the lowest bidder. Any suggestions. I can`t throw that much cash in the garbage, 2X the shipping (to me and back if I don`t like it)+the duty to re import this to the USA ( and no the customs agent will not usually take my word for it) is almost the same as the price of the carpet. Thanx for any input Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Previous

Return to Restoration Tips