Hatch seat back question

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Hatch seat back question

Postby cfar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm

seats5%20-%20Copy.JPG
Can someone tell me what the purpose of the bracket to the left middle in the picture is for? (thanks captinpainn for the pic)Maybe A stopper... for the folding floor piece? Its not the bracket/stop tab that is part of the side brackets but attached to seat side - a separate "L" bracket attached with screws to the seat .It is a 74 hatch .THX Maybe a picture of someones installed could help me - here is the bracket in question and there is 2 of these and matching holes on the side of the seat...
20140428_152613.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cfar

1974 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Re: Hatch seat back question

Postby dadhad1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 pm

It doesn't look familiar on anything on the 75 interior...
Could it be homemade?
Where did you find it?

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'What is it? A Maverick? No. A Pinto? No. Looks like a mini Camaro. A Camaro? No. A Chevette? HAHA, No. It's a Vega. Ahhhhh, cool man.'

My Vega Photo Gallery at World of Wheels in Boston 2014
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/115 ... pAWBWhqw1V
YouTube Video Playlist of My V8 Vega Resto Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EZdPJ ... ELLLJsPs6C
dadhad1

Postby CaptainPainn » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Don't know if this helps or not. I didn't see any bracket on the seat like pictured.
seat.JPG

bracket.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaptainPainn

1977 Chevrolet Vega

Postby cosvega76 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 am

That's the stop for the seat when it set up for a seating position. There should be a corresponding bracket with a round rubber bumper attached to the side panel of the car. It gives the seat a solid foundation when you're sitting in it.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby cfar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 pm

dadhad1 wrote:It doesn't look familiar on anything on the 75 interior...
Could it be homemade?
Where did you find it?

Mike

found them- I think- on the rear seat back because there is 2 matching holes in the side of seat that match the brackets.
It is not the seat stop pictured and mentioned that hits the stop rubber bumper when in upright position.
this bracket was painted to match seat color if this helps....
20140428_152613.jpg
cfar

Postby dadhad1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 am

Yeah, I'm still thinking it's a homenade piece perhaps someone used as a seat back stop along the way in the car's life.
Like I said, doesn't resemble anything I have. It's POSSIBLE that the difference in interior and/or the 1 model year (you have a 74 right?), that we have in the cars would explain it, but I highly doubt it.
All the seat back stops in my car are chromed and not shaped like this.

I'll snap a pic or two of mine tonight and post if you want.
The black side bar you have pictured on the seat is exactly what I have, but the chrome stop that mounts to the wheel tub area of the body with 2 screws is what I don't see in your pics.

You want pics of the passenger side too with the latch assy or are you good there on that side?

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'What is it? A Maverick? No. A Pinto? No. Looks like a mini Camaro. A Camaro? No. A Chevette? HAHA, No. It's a Vega. Ahhhhh, cool man.'

dadhad1

Postby cfar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 am

dadhad1 wrote:Yeah, I'm still thinking it's a homenade piece perhaps someone used as a seat back stop along the way in the car's life.
Like I said, doesn't resemble anything I have. It's POSSIBLE that the difference in interior and/or the 1 model year (you have a 74 right?), that we have in the cars would explain it, but I highly doubt it.
All the seat back stops in my car are chromed and not shaped like this.

I'll snap a pic or two of mine tonight and post if you want.
The black side bar you have pictured on the seat is exactly what I have, but the chrome stop that mounts to the wheel tub area of the body with 2 screws is what I don't see in your pics.

You want pics of the passenger side too with the latch assy or are you good there on that side?

Mike

Hi Mike,
After looking at them closely they are not home made and maybe did not go on seat back.
Yes I have the side brackets and the chrome stoppers.
These were in with the interior stuff and were painted to match the seat colors...the one round hole looks like it had a rubber stopper and the 2 holes had screws
So what are they for
cfar

Postby dadhad1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Still doesn;t look familar to me and I tore my whole car apart for my build (and I started with a complete car), but I have been known to have CRS. :(
What are the dimensions? Hard to get size perspective with it sitting alone.

Sorry man, no clue.
Hopefully if someone else here on the forum knows what it is, they can chime in.
Only thing I could remotely thing of, is a bracket base for a flexible brake line or e-brake cable bracket perhaps, that's what it most resembles to me anyway...

Mike

dadhad1

Postby CaptainPainn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:26 pm

The only thing i can think of that it looks remotely similar to is the latch bracket for the spare tire carrier cover, but i know it cant be that.
CaptainPainn

1977 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Restoration Tips