New Window Felts for Monza

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

New Window Felts for Monza

Postby bigwheelbigdeal » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 pm

I've been watching for sometime to come up with a reasonable substitute for replacing our rubber window felts. I think I have the best choices narrowed down. If you need rubber only, buy inners and outers for a '82 to '92 Camaro/Firebird window sweeps. Cut them to 43" and slit the bottoms so they will bend up the gradual curve of the door. They can be screwed on stapled on. ebay has them $59. If your chrome is bad, buy the '79 Malibu 2 dr. felt kit and do the same thing--they have new chrome attached. Looks to me to be the only way out that still looks good. Roy
77 454 2+2 Monza
79 502 Malibu Classic
79 267 Malibu Classic
86 4.3 El Camino
91 406 Z-28 Camaro
75 406 T.C. Monza
94 Yamaha Virago
bigwheelbigdeal

Postby MIKESMONZA » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:04 pm

:idea: I WAS WONDERING WHEN SOME ONE ELSE WOULD FIND THE SWEEP'S KIT AND AND APPLY A YEAR MODEL,,,, :shock: I WAS LOOKING AT THE FIREBIRD/CAMARO IN A 77 AND UP,,,,, THE ONE'S IN MY 75 HATCHBACK HAVE BEEN REPLACED YEARS AGO WITH POP RIVET'S FOR ATTACHMENT TO THE INTERIOR SIDE AS FAR AS I KNOW,,,, I APRECIATE THE HEAD'S UP AND WILL ORDER MINE SOON,,,,, IN GENERAL TALK I HAD A POST ON THIS TWO MONTH'S BACK BUT WAS ONLY ABLE TO FIND CONFIMATION ON THE VEGA PART,S AS FAR AS THE FELTS I AM CURENTLY LOOKING AT BOTH MY CAR'S REPLACEMENT,S,,,,,, :roll: :roll: ,,,,,MIKE 8) 8),,,,ROY,,THANK'S AGAIN MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU FOR POSTING,,,, :!:
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Restoration Tips