IMSA body kit

Moderator: Moderators

IMSA body kit

Postby Yellowhammer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:41 pm

are IMSA or Mirage body kits super-rare, or can they be purchased? just a new person here wondering.... those kits look so sweet. Thanks!
Yellowhammer

IMSA AND MIRAGE BODY PARTS

Postby mldeolde » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:56 pm

I don't think the MIAGE PARTS are available but most of the IMSA body panels are still listed as available. the major unavailable part being the rear 3 piece mega spoiler. most guys eventually went to wings ala the new COT cars in NASCAR anyway so that shouldn't be a big concern. the biggie is the amount of time and effort that it takes to convert to these pieces as they are race car parts and not up to factory,just bolt it on specs. it's a whole lot of sometimes frustrateing work and unless you are just building a poser there are a lot of brake and suspension mods that should be undertaken also not to mention that it's a sin not to have a muscular power plant and beefy trans to go with that 10/10ths body work. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby Yellowhammer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 pm

build a posermobile? .... I think not. I was just wondering if those kits were available. I've heard from a friend that races with HSR that there's a guy running a IMSA Monza that can more than hang with early 90's Trans-Am cars. I'll have to go back to the Mitty in 08 and see if I can get pics.

A body kit, either Mirage or IMSA, wouldn't work with my plans. I have a pretty unique H-body I guess, and I will get a blog going at some point in the future w/pictures. It should be an interesting project to some once I can get going on it. This is my first H-body- my first car when I was a teen was a 78 Camaro, so for some reason sitting in the Monza feels comfortable.
Yellowhammer

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:32 pm

I'm not surprised that it'll hang with 90s TransAm cars. It shares much of the same suspension setup.
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

IMSA car found

Postby phew » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:39 am

I found one of these cars back in 87' driving around here in Paris. After becoming a member here and working on my own Monza. I thought that I would go back and see if it was still there. Well, it is. I tried to contact the people who lived there, but the neighbor said they moved and left the car. I'll take some pics of the car and post them. Maybe they'll call back and give one of you guys a shot at it. It should be bought very sheap. The body parts won't work for my application. If anyone is interested PM me. Oh BTW, I'm in dire need of a Dr. side tail light assm.
" I can't speak for everyone here, but I for one am getting sick to my stomach with all this empty yella talk. "
phew

1976 Chevrolet Monza

Postby ColinOpseth » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:58 am

The car is in Paris, France?
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

france??????

Postby phew » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:01 am

No man, Paris Texas. lol I'll post the pics tommorow
" I can't speak for everyone here, but I for one am getting sick to my stomach with all this empty yella talk. "
phew

1976 Chevrolet Monza

Postby mad max motorsports » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:07 pm

Don't remember the names of the places but there is one in Chicago that at least on their site will make the parts and one in Canada that I have heard from some here is shady and unreilable.

I am planning on converting mine to IMSA body.
'88 Fiero Formula toy
'06 SWB X-Runner
'79 Monza Spyder "Project Interceptor X"
mad max motorsports

Postby BugsBMD » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 pm

This Place makes the imsa parts.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/7581monza.htm

I am thinking about setting my car up with these when I get my other project done.
BugsBMD

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby spyder_xlch » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Last time I was on the site I don't remember prices being listed. $1857 for everything you need + shipping. That's with the bolt on hood. $100 less for the pin on. I don't think the rear spoiler is included though. And you're only adding 71lbs., then figure in the weight of the stock hood and front end you'll be removing and you probably save weight. I think I know what I'll ask Santa for this year.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mad max motorsports » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:19 am

BugsBMD wrote:This Place makes the imsa parts.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/7581monza.htm

I am thinking about setting my car up with these when I get my other project done.

Thats the place in north Chicago I had mentioned above. First time I have seen them with prices though.
Since I am only 5 to 6 hours away I may be takeing a trip out there some time this year.
'88 Fiero Formula toy
'06 SWB X-Runner
'79 Monza Spyder "Project Interceptor X"
mad max motorsports

Re: IMSA body kit

Postby ssamonza » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

For some "Real history" just Google DEKON MONZA.34,000 posts incl youtube in-car video.
ssamonza

Return to Road Racing and AutoX