A Monza does awesome job in Touring Car Masters Australia

Postby tinsfci » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Shared from h-body Facebook group :)

https://youtu.be/O3TW19CW8Rw
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: A Monza does awesome job in Touring Car Masters Austral

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:07 pm

It is a "Right Hand Drive" car. He sure seemed to have it all ironed out that's for certain! Cool! Thanx for Sharing :th: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:38 pm

any idea who owns the car? I would love to know what what type of mods have been done. full chassis or stock front end with mods? is it an ls or sbc?
monzaaddict

Postby tinsfci » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:21 am

Driver and owner (different persons):

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/11/16/gre ... rn-in-tcm/

About Touring Car Masters, it doesn't say the specs for the cars, but can surely be googled

http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/ser ... es-history
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby tinsfci » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:46 am

Found the regulation specs:

http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/Sporting ... on%201.pdf

Cut from the spec:

T9 ENGINE
T9.1 General
T9.1.1 Each make/model of automobile must only be fitted with a cylinder block and cylinder heads as detailed in the relevant Vehicle Specification Documents (VSD). T9.1.1.1 Each engine used during a Meeting must comply with all the dimensions in these regulations.
T9.1.2 The maximum Engine Capacity permitted is 5000cc +25cc.
T9.1.2.1 With prior express permission in writing and with all restrictions applied by the TA a cylinder block may be bored to achieve a total capacity of 5025cc. All other engine dimensions shall still apply. T9.1.3 The compression ratio must not exceed 10.0:1. T9.1.4 The engine must not produce power above 7500 rpm.

T24 SUSPENSION
T24.1 The suspension is free except that the type of suspension and springing medium must always be as stated in the relevant homologation documents.
T24.2 The number and position of the homologated suspension pivot points must be used in their entirety and exclusively.

T35 BRAKES
T35.1 Each automobile must be fitted with a dual circuit braking system operated by the same pedal. The pedal shall normally control all the wheels. In case of leakage at any point of the brake system, its pipes or any kind of failure in the braking system, the pedal must still control two (2) wheels. T35.2 Pedals and pedal boxes are free, and the firewall and/or floor pan may be locally modified only to the extent required to facilitate the fitment of master cylinders and/or pedal boxes. T35.3 The complete brake hydraulic system (including calipers, lines and hydraulic cylinders) is free except for the following restrictions:
• The maximum number of pistons in each caliper is restricted to six (6);
• Only one (1) brake caliper and two (2) brake pads per wheel are permitted;
• No system shall be permitted on a automobile which can retract the caliper pistons for the purpose of pad change.
T35.4 Brake caliper bodies must only be made of aluminium materials with a modulus of elasticity no greater than 80 Gpa. The brake caliper pistons may be made of titanium alloy.
T35.5 Brake rotors (discs) must be made of ferrous metal and conform to the following specifications:
•The maximum brake rotor diameter must not exceed 376mm;
• The maximum brake rotor thickness must not exceed 35.56mm.
T35.6 In order to provide air for the cooling of the brakes of each wheel, it is permitted to fit a duct to each, the intake of which must be situated wholly within the perimeter of the bodywork and not below any point on the lower edge of the front air dam. A system which sprays a mist of water into such air ducts is permitted.
T35.7 Brake calipers incorporating liquid cooling/recirculating systems are prohibited.
T35.8 The fitment of a handbrake/brake lock is optional.
T35.9 Brake anti-lock systems are prohibited.
T35.10 Maximum brake pad thickness must not exceed 30mm.
T35.11 The braking system pressure in both front calipers must remain equal at all times.
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 am

I took a guess that that the major sponsor sunliner rv was owned by the same person as the car and was right. I emailed the company and received an email saying they would get back to me in the next few days with specs on the car.
monzaaddict

Postby tinsfci » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 am

monzaaddict wrote:I took a guess that that the major sponsor sunliner rv was owned by the same person as the car and was right. I emailed the company and received an email saying they would get back to me in the next few days with specs on the car.

:th:
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Road Racing and AutoX