TEXAS PRO STOCK VEGA

Moderator: Moderators

Progress

Postby Dreamweaver » Tue May 29, 2007 11:35 am

Well worked on the Vega this weekend trying to fit 10lbs of sh*! in a 5 lb bag We got the new block mounting with new motorplate in the front ,but couldn't find a place for the oil pump we will have to make some brackets below the oil pan and hopefully still clear the steering rod , rack unit, and still be able to run off the crank pulley We are also gonna have to cut and remount one the braces for the upper arm (which should take no more then a couple hours) for the front port on the drivers side header to have enough room the make a descent curve
Josh will come over to the shop tonight for start making a list of bends we're gonna need to make the new headers We are gonna run them out the side of the fender for more room to the plugs and keep the heat away from the oil lines PLUS push the air around the car instead of under the car
at this point if we still have room under that big cowl I will fab up a cold air box with two inlets being feed from most likely the headlights keeping the cowl only and not having to mount a front opening scoop on top of the cowl
I also pulled the radiator out and will mount some quick disconnect couplers to where the water pump sat allowing us to make our pass with only the water in the engine and while in tow back to the pits mount the radiator and pump to the back of the golf cart and hook it up to cool her back down this was not only done to elimate weight it was also done for space for the oil tank ,fuel system and cold air intake
I will post some pictures as things start coming together

the project is slowly coming together
Dave
565 c.i.
June 7th Temple,Texas Vega/Monza National race
http://www.dreamweavervega.com/
Dreamweaver

Postby mldeolde » Tue May 29, 2007 12:02 pm

sounds like things are coming along. thats a really major project you are undertaking but it sounds like your more than up to the challenge. git er done dude!!!!!!!!!!!!
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

headers

Postby Dreamweaver » Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

well last night we took a good look at the engine bay to order stock for making headers look like the first two runners will run straight back out the side and the back two will hurricane around the first to make up the length
both side will exit out the side of the fenders keeping air out from the bottom of the car
they are not gonna be as good as they can be. until I switch to a strut front end and damn near change the whole front clip
565 c.i.
June 7th Temple,Texas Vega/Monza National race
http://www.dreamweavervega.com/
Dreamweaver

Previous

Return to Drag Racing