how much hp and tq can a stock vega body plant in a dragrace

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shytebucket » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Fasterthansome wrote:I know of a "POS" H-body that is running the times you are looking for with sub frame connectors and a cage. Also doing it with stock supension non tubbed and non narrowed.
It can be done with a really small tire but not as easy to do.

Can you add some pictures of the car or do you have a write up similar to what this guy did?

http://hometown.aol.com/badassvega/index.html

I for one would like to see it.
shytebucket

Postby v8astregt » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:17 pm

...because tires sticking out the sides of cars is one good thing that went away with the 70's. Personally, I think it looks like dog sh*t.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby DEMON Precision » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:19 pm

zeek wrote:
DEMON Precision wrote:my car has a 275/60/15 dragradial on it out back and trust me there is no way that tire will fit . not without beating the hell out of the wheel lip and strectching the 1/4 panels , mine only fit because i have a narrowed rearend and my car is minitubbed . i have not hammered the wheel lip yet ( car is still in mock-up stage ) and as it sits right now the tire will not turn on the car without tearing up the tire and damaging the 1/4 panels . with a little beating with a hammer and the car sitting a little higher in the back a 275/50/15 might fit , but it will stick out of the car with that width of tire and i will more then likely rub on the inside of the wheelwell .

have you ever thought about shock extensions and spring spacers ? they fix that problem and whats wrong with the tires sticking out the sides ? id rather them stick out the sides the to mini tub the car

the tire size is the issue the vega wheelwell is designd for a 22' DIA tire so unless you strectch the wheel well a 28" tire is NOT gonna fit . and using shock extension and spring spacers is not something i,d even consider , especially at the speeds you are considering
DEMON Precision

Postby wrong generation » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:23 pm

v8astregt wrote:...because tires sticking out the sides of cars is one good thing that went away with the 70's. Personally, I think it looks like dog sh*t.

see thats another one of those personal opinions that really shouldnt be mentioned because no one cares what you think and flaming what others like is well wrong and shouldnt be done

and can we get back on track here lol its only taken umm 4 pages and i thought this was finaly getting back on track from the start of page 4 after the first few pages of bs anyways
wrong generation

Postby DEMON Precision » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:30 pm

shytebucket wrote:
Fasterthansome wrote:I know of a "POS" H-body that is running the times you are looking for with sub frame connectors and a cage. Also doing it with stock supension non tubbed and non narrowed.
It can be done with a really small tire but not as easy to do.

Can you add some pictures of the car or do you have a write up similar to what this guy did?

http://hometown.aol.com/badassvega/index.html

I for one would like to see it.

on bobgumm,s site frank posted some images of the rear suspension he built for his car , i think it,s in the racing section or the suspension section , and frank,s car spend more time on the street :wink: , then at the track .
DEMON Precision

Postby Fastmax32168 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:36 pm

v8astregt wrote:...because tires sticking out the sides of cars is one good thing that went away with the 70's. Personally, I think it looks like dog sh*t.

Not only that but you are not going to be able to get proper weight transfer and handling with the back end jacked up in the air and the tires sticking out the side. And the type of times you are dreaming of are definitely going to require a car that goes real straight. With a proper frame. And a cage. And a lot of bucks.
I cant believe I am even getting involved in this silly conversation. :shock:
Roy
80 Monza Cabriolet coupe
94 Corvette Convertible LT-1 500+ HP
Trailblazer EXT LS6 powered
1991 K1500 6.0 LS swapped
Fastmax32168

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby wrong generation » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Fastmax32168 wrote:Not only that but you are not going to be able to get proper weight transfer and handling with the back end jacked up in the air and the tires sticking out the side.

geez dude you make it sound like i want to do this which is not what im planning and even if it were this car wouldnt have all that much of a problem with weight transfer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wrong generation

Postby rickswagon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:00 pm

LOL LOOKING GOOD
rickswagon

1978 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby ColinOpseth » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:05 pm

zeek wrote:

see thats another one of those personal opinions that really shouldnt be mentioned because no one cares what you think and flaming what others like is well wrong and shouldnt be done

and can we get back on track here lol its only taken umm 4 pages and i thought this was finaly getting back on track from the start of page 4 after the first few pages of bs anyways

I seem to remember you started talking shit half way down page 2.

I'm losing my patience with you. These users should not have to prove themselves. They have running cars and have already dealt with the issues you feel you can circumvent.

Rather than let this pissing contest continue I am going to lock this thread. If you want to start another civil thread, be my guest.

I usually only give one warning.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Drag Racing