OK posted best time

Moderator: Moderators

Postby King Monza Mike » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:34 pm

spyder_xlch wrote:Why block out your time on the video but tell us what it is here?

B/c there arent any NorCal Street racers on here that I am worried about. Plus, its an ooooollllddddd video, and everyone back home pretty much knows what my car runs now anyways.
All motor, stock suspension, small block, on a radial, daily driven, 10 second car, sucka!
King Monza Mike

Postby King Monza Mike » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 pm

DEMON Precision wrote:
King Monza Mike wrote:
Fasterthansome wrote:
King Monza Mike wrote:10.95@121.5... all motor, pump gas, stock suspension, 350ci, on a radial!!!!

M/T drag radial?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i just saw that there was some unanswered questions.

No drag radial, I used there ET Radial, I drive the car everywhere!

And for the "I dont believe you" guys, the only video I have of the car running at the track right now is this one with the times blocked out. Anyone who has seen a 10 second car run though can tell its not bullshit though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SslaczQvB9E

and a little street action... (all fictional computer generated of course!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJeeE-0OSTU

Mikey

WAZUP DUDE ????

how,s school treating ya ??

didi you get intouch with the dude with the 260Z on norcal1320 ?? sweet looking little car , my kid would love it .

mikeyfrombc

Sup Mikey!

Man, school is a bitch! C'est la vie. And the guy with the datsun said that if it doesnt sell in a month, then he would be glad to make the trade. I'm not 100% on it though. After putting in all of this time and effort on the Monza I would kinda like to see it go to some one who was like me when I first bought it; a broke kid trying to go fast on the cheap! If I end up keeping it though, I will be most likely putting in a 8.8 I got from Scotzilla a while back. I gotta figure out a new living situation though before I can do anymore work on it. No garage is just killing me!!!
All motor, stock suspension, small block, on a radial, daily driven, 10 second car, sucka!
King Monza Mike

Postby Fasterthansome » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:36 am

King Monza Mike wrote:
Fasterthansome wrote:
King Monza Mike wrote:10.95@121.5... all motor, pump gas, stock suspension, 350ci, on a radial!!!!

M/T drag radial?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i just saw that there was some unanswered questions.

No drag radial, I used there ET Radial, I drive the car everywhere!

And for the "I dont believe you" guys, the only video I have of the car running at the track right now is this one with the times blocked out. Anyone who has seen a 10 second car run though can tell its not bullshit though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SslaczQvB9E

and a little street action... (all fictional computer generated of course!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJeeE-0OSTU

My bad. I was thinking M/T ET radial. I forgot they made there ET Drag radial (radial slick) I just wanted to be clear if you were doing this on a regular radial tire or on one specifically designed for drag racing.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby King Monza Mike » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:36 pm

No worries... yeah, its technically a racing tire., and technically a street tire. The fun part about the car and tire was that I would drive it 20+ miles round trip to school and work every day, then wake up early on a Saturday, drive over 40 miles to the closest race track, snap off a string of 11.Oh's and a few high tens, and then cruise it 40+ miles home to the burger spot in town and go street racing the very same night.

This is why I really want to keep it stock suspension and on a radial. No need to drive it to school and work anymore, but I can't even describe the feeling of pulling up into a gas station and filling up next to the guy who was 1/2 a second slower all day and is filling up his tow rig b/c his car needs to be trailered everywhere. Or when you're cruising home and waving to the same guy as you're driving past their whole tow-rig setup on the your way home.
King Monza Mike

Postby Fasterthansome » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:14 pm

King Monza Mike wrote:No worries... yeah, its technically a racing tire., and technically a street tire. The fun part about the car and tire was that I would drive it 20+ miles round trip to school and work every day, then wake up early on a Saturday, drive over 40 miles to the closest race track, snap off a string of 11.Oh's and a few high tens, and then cruise it 40+ miles home to the burger spot in town and go street racing the very same night.

This is why I really want to keep it stock suspension and on a radial. No need to drive it to school and work anymore, but I can't even describe the feeling of pulling up into a gas station and filling up next to the guy who was 1/2 a second slower all day and is filling up his tow rig b/c his car needs to be trailered everywhere. Or when you're cruising home and waving to the same guy as you're driving past their whole tow-rig setup on the your way home.

Thats why I still do it, the sheer enjoyment of the expression on there faces. :lol: Mine is and has been a street car for many years.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby gerbsinmd » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah, that's the way my dad and I do it too. Drive it 3hrs to the strip, uncork the headers, burn the crap out of the tires, run (not quite as fast as the 11s, we run upper 12's) put the exhaust back on and drive it back home. Tons and Tons of fun!!!!
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Previous

Return to Drag Racing