bill1978v8 wrote:This should be a sticky post for weight deruction. Lots of good info from good guys. I wish now that I weighed everything I've done so far:
LS1 instead of cast iron 355 - approx. 90 - 100 lbs?
Manual brakes instead of power - 7 - 10 lbs?
Manual rack & pinion instead of power steering box, pump, hoses, linkage etc. - 25-30 lbs?
No front sway bar - 15 lbs?
Summit 15x4 aluminum wheels with 145sr15 tires instead of 225/50-15 radials with 15x6 steel rally wheels - 20-40 lbs?
All A/C brackets, condensor, hoses, compressor removed - (before I bought the car) - 100 lbs?
This all should be between 250 lbs and 300 lbs.
What do you guys think?
Stivan wrote:Just some info I found out for myself, and thought I'd pass it on.
I went on a "weight hunt" on my '80 H/B, and found the following:
1) Took side crash bar out of door, and trimmed the skin a little, and cut the bottom, and re-welded it to get it out. Window still rolls up fine. Weight - 45lbs. . . times 2 = 90lbs
2) Replaced Door glass w/Lexan window. Weight - Glass 28lbs, Lexan - 2.25 lbs. . . times 2 = 52 lbs
3) Replaced Rear Side Windows w/Lexan. Weight - Glass 8 lbs, Lexan - 1.1 lbs. . . .times 2 = 14 lbs
4) Replaced Rear Hatch Glass w/Lexan. Weight - Glass 68 lbs, Lexan - 6.8 lbs . . . . . 51 lbs
5) Trimmed reinforment out of front/rear bumpers. Weight Trimmed
Just something to think about !!!!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest