ihra claSS FOR MY GT??? IM CONFUSED

Moderator: Moderators

ihra claSS FOR MY GT??? IM CONFUSED

Postby grumpy d-bone » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 am

OK GUYS, WITH MY 72 350 VEGA GT RUNS PROB LOW 12'S POSS LOOKING AT ADDING N.O.S. KIT TO GET TO MID 11'S I JUST GOT THE 2008 IHRA RULE BOOK STILL CONFUSED, WHAT CLASS WOULD FIT MY CAR?? sorry dang caps stuck,,, help maybe 10secvega???
grumpy d-bone

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 am

Grumpy, I'm thinking your making a little more out of this than it is. Your thinking/reading like your going to run at a national event, I think. You want to go to a local track,make some runs,tune it,see what it runs & have fun, correct? Just go when the track is open, you will have to pass tech (some tracks are very basic, others play by the rules a little more) & then you can run it. I would just go & ask the track people when you get there, most likely they run test-n-tune,a street class or two,pro (sportsman) & the faster (delay boxes,ect) classes. The basic rules need to be followed while building your car if you plan to do any racing at a sanctioned track. Seatbelts,overflow bottle,battery hold-down (push-pull shut off,if relocated),12" or less of rubber hose for the fuel line,ect. the list goes on & on, but most of it is good common sense. Read the "General rules" section, this is where you will start. Have Fun, Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:54 am

Grumpy, I'm thinking your making a little more out of this than it is. Your thinking/reading like your going to run at a national event, I think. You want to go to a local track,make some runs,tune it,see what it runs & have fun, correct? Just go when the track is open, you will have to pass tech (some tracks are very basic, others play by the rules a little more) & then you can run it. I would just go & ask the track people when you get there, most likely they run test-n-tune,a street class or two,pro (sportsman) & the faster (delay boxes,ect) classes. The basic rules need to be followed while building your car if you plan to do any racing at a sanctioned track. Seatbelts,overflow bottle,battery hold-down (push-pull shut off,if relocated),12" or less of rubber hose for the fuel line,ect. the list goes on & on, but most of it is good common sense. Read the "General rules" section, this is where you will start. Have Fun, Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 am

HAULIN' IT

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:58 am

HAULIN' IT

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 am

HAULIN' IT

Postby speedphreake » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 am

Like said, just read the general rules section. At your speed all you need to worry about is the basic safety stuff. There should also be an area that covers the different ET's, for IHRA, just follow the 11.50 and slower rules and you should be fine. Also like I said, let me know when and I'll help you out with all this at the track. We can talk about it more at pinks.
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:34 pm

WOW, Now that was something! I don't think I've ever seen a 5 time post! I got an error message each time I submitted, oh well Grumpy, If you didn't understand it the first time.. well...there's allways... Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Postby spyder_xlch » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:38 pm

HAULIN' IT wrote:WOW, Now that was something! I don't think I've ever seen a 5 time post! I got an error message each time I submitted, oh well Grumpy, If you didn't understand it the first time.. well...there's allways... Lorne
If he doesn't get it by the 5th time he shouldn't be racing.:lol:
Did you get some de-bug mode error? Happens to me sometimes but I just let it go and return to the forum. The message still gets posted.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby HAULIN' IT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Yes Matt, I couldn't remember what it said, but when you mention it, it was a de-bug error. Now I know to ignore it & move on. Thanks, Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Postby grumpy d-bone » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 pm

wow!!!! bustin da'grumps balls....
grumpy d-bone

Return to Drag Racing