Need help with set up, ladder bars and 12 point with 8.5 sli

Moderator: Moderators

Postby DEMON Precision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:17 pm

S&W makes a rearframe kit and offers a ladderbar kit for the H-body , you can keep the factory wheelwells if you choose as there is minimal cutting of the floor to install this kit , you can get it in either rectangle tubing or roundtube if you ask , there used to be images of this kit being installed on the other H-body site 4doorjoe did the install on his 76/77 vega hatch many yrs back , it,s a real clean install as well .

as for SWTRacing , Andrew moved back east Virgina,Kentucky or another state in that area and i beleive he got promoted with his job as well so he,s been really busy the last several months , we chatted a while back on another site

and if your suspension mounts are solid and rust free and the car is in really good condition i,d convert the car over to a torquearm set-up , this is a very proven design with dragracing , lots of guys in the camaros/firebirds running deep into the 7,s in the 1/4 mile and high 4,s in the 1/8 with 60ft times in the highteens to 1.20,s granted they are running a 325/315/295 tire . and there are cars running mid 5,s in the 1/8 on a 26x8.5 slick with stock suspension be it leafsprings or 4 link or torque arm , they all do it with a modified stock varation of the factory suspension .
DEMON Precision

Postby DEMON Precision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Fasterthansome wrote:
BigTruckDriver wrote:I am trying to run a E.T. right around what the SWT car and I dont think the stock links will cut it.

I thought there was a picture on here of a white Vega with yellow stripes going wheels up on a little tire and stock suspension.
If I remember correctly it was pretty quick too.

Your Vega is factory 4 link?

it,s a laddebar car and it runs 10.40,s on the motor , with stock suspension it ran high 10.60,s low 70,s

Frank PM me your e-mail i,ve got some pics of the build to show you

Mikey
DEMON Precision

Postby BigTruckDriver » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:05 pm

I wonder if I can get low 9's , mid 9's with stock 4 link and torque arm? Any one done it? Thats with the stock mounting points reinforced of course. The less I could keep from cutting it up the better...
BigTruckDriver

Postby 10secvega » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Fasterthansome wrote:Ladder bar a monza :cry:

You build yours your way,we'll build ours our way.
Just a gold Vega with a little V-6

10secvega

Postby Fasterthansome » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:19 pm

10secvega wrote:
Fasterthansome wrote:Ladder bar a monza :cry:

You build yours your way,we'll build ours our way.

:lol: Thats the only way.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby Fasterthansome » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:28 pm

BigTruckDriver wrote:I wonder if I can get low 9's , mid 9's with stock 4 link and torque arm? Any one done it? Thats with the stock mounting points reinforced of course. The less I could keep from cutting it up the better...

9.40's on a 26x8.5 with factory lower control arms and factory torque arm was done 5 or so years ago.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Fasterthansome

Postby BigTruckDriver » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Fasterthansome wrote:
BigTruckDriver wrote:I wonder if I can get low 9's , mid 9's with stock 4 link and torque arm? Any one done it? Thats with the stock mounting points reinforced of course. The less I could keep from cutting it up the better...

9.40's on a 26x8.5 with factory lower control arms and factory torque arm was done 5 or so years ago.
I would really like to go that route and not cut anything out and be some what stock right now. Do you know if they ever got any better/lower on the E.T.? I dont have a factory torque arm where can I get a after market one for a vega. I know they have torque arms for sale every where for camaros but dont know how the longer length would work in a vega.
BigTruckDriver

Postby Fasterthansome » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Yes the car has been faster. That was on factory stuff.
Car now has home built torque arm and rod end lower control arms, plus a few other things done to suspension.
The car Street/grudge races.

I would think with aftermarket arms and adjustable shocks you could do it with the 4 link.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Fasterthansome

Postby BigTruckDriver » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Faster than some , where can i get more info on this car?
BigTruckDriver

Postby Fasterthansome » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:46 pm

What would you like to know? The car is mine just shoot me a pm.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Fasterthansome

Re: Need help with set up, ladder bars and 12 point with 8.5 sli

Postby SWT Racing » Sat May 10, 2008 11:10 pm

BigTruckDriver wrote:Looking to do something like the guy from SWT fabrication, run it with stock rear wheel wels and 8.5 X 26" slick. I have tried to cantact him also but have not got a reply.

DEMON Precision wrote:as for SWTRacing , Andrew moved back east Virgina,Kentucky or another state in that area and i beleive he got promoted with his job as well so he,s been really busy the last several months , we chatted a while back on another site

Mike is right. . .I recently moved to South Carolina and have been very busy. I have a couple thousand emails to go through. :shock:

What exactly would you like to know? I'd be happy to explain my setup.
Andrew Slater
Hangar18 Fabrication/SWT Racing
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/swtracing.html

TurboGMs.com Featured Car: Click Here!
SWT Racing

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Drag Racing