Hot, uneventful weekend at PSCA

Moderator: Moderators

Hot, uneventful weekend at PSCA

Postby v8astregt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Figures. This was the hottest weekend we had for a while, at least it felt like it. Ran 4/10's slower than my usual, 1/10's of that was off the line since I couldn't launch today, so the rest was lost at the track. I think I got most of the bog out of my engine since this time I was able to do a good burnout unlike yesterday, but I couldn't really hear my car throughout the track today since I was actually running against a car (yesterday I only ran myself, test n tune). Track prep today was terrible. Watched many cars almost lose it, most cars weren't in it all the way. I even watched a Mustang lose control, run into the Camaro in the other lane, then hit the other wall.

I was running 13 flat unfortunately, but I was consistent. I "might" have a chance in bracket, but I don't really want to spend another hot day out there, and I don't want to win by running 13's. There are a lot of other bracket cars there, so I'll call it quits today. Mike Nordahl was there in his Vega, awesome car BTW. Set up VERY much like mine, only his has seen low 9's on stock suspension! Only difference suspension wise to his car is a torque arm, otherwise it's stock up front, and he doesn't even have traction bars! Same tires as I have also. Engine isn't super exotic, just a built 400 with Hooker Super Comps which are next on my list. I also SEVERELY NEED a higher stall. I know between the headers, and a stall converter, my car will wake up! Right now I can hardly leave above an idle since my car feels like it'll creep forward.

Oh well. I guess I can plan for the meet in February, the weather will be much better for this. Nobody was running what they should. Costly weekend though. Cost me $120. Would've cost me $160 but Mel of PSCA gave me a free membership.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Re: Hot, uneventful weekend at PSCA

Postby jcapelo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 pm

what gears u running
jcapelo

Postby v8astregt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:44 am

Running 3.73's on a factory posi. Works just fine. Actually I normally go through the traps at about 6000 RPM (which is perfect since that's where I peak at), but this weekend I only seemed to get to about 5500.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby Dick73Vega » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey you got your feet wet and learned a few things, Your car is just about set up the same as mine just give it a few mods and improve what you have. I'm running 3:73 posi rear with a TCI Street Fighter converter but if I had to do again I would go with the Super Street Fighter (little more stall ) I run 1/8 mile but the math to 1/4 comes out to low 12's, if I had that Super Street Fighter I just might kiss high 11's in the 1/4 mile. Think about running the Summit ET Series next season (Sportsman class) at your local strip , it's a great series to bracket race and get your car dialed in . I just finished my third season running Summit and had a great time. PSCA is a tough series with good drivers and cars , try to make it out too the Super Car Super Nationals #4 at Vegas on Nov. 20 to 23 . I've been to the first three and they were kick ass racing with the best door cars in the nation. Later Dick.
"There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many of them" Casey Stengel
Dick73Vega

Return to Drag Racing