Are You Ready Yet???

Moderator: Moderators

Are You Ready Yet???

Postby Stivan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Well, it's that time of the year again. And like last year, it's been raining and snowing, and postponing my trips to the track, here of late.

Finally got it up to the track a week ago on a TNT night. The track was "unprepped", and about half way "onery". Everyone was "ice skating" down the track.

I did, finally, squeek out a 10.05/ 136+, on the last pass, but ran some 11's before, while getting out of it "four times" to keep it between the lines.

So Are You Ready ?????? How about the one's who can. . .. . meet at the "Shootout" type race in St. Louis on May 16th. . . .. . . at Gateway. ..

They have enough classes at that race, that should fall into everyones catagory. . .. ..
Just Another Street Legal(All Motor) 9 sec. Monza.
Stivan

Re: Are You Ready Yet???

Postby Stivan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 am

Well. . . . I Pre-Entered today for the May 16th race at Gateway(St. Louis). . . . and I'm taking two cars down.

The '80 N/B (Barney BadAzz. . .that's what some one named it)for the 10.00 Index Class and the Old '65 Chevelle (Moby Dick). ... for the 12.00 Index Class.

Several tracks here of late, are starting to add a Class named "Pro Street". . . . Which is a "Run Whatcha Brung", as long as it's Street Legal, and has to have a OEM Car Manf. body on it. . . .. No Altered's, Ex Pro Stock, etc., . . .. . in other words, "Spirit of the Intended Class" stuff.

I might check the entry register, and if the car count is down for the Outlaw Classes . . . I might put on the ole Procharger, and try a couple of passes with the "Big Boyz". . . .

This is Gateway's effort to put some "Stimulis" . . . .. into the street cars. .. .If the entrys are what I think they will be, the purse should be very significant.

You Might go to their website, and check it out for your self.

In any event. . .. . Have a "Safe" and "Fun' year of racing your "H BODYS" !!!!

Stivan
Just Another Street Legal(All Motor) 9 sec. Monza.
Stivan

Return to Drag Racing