Drag Shock questions ?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Drag Shock questions ?

Postby DRAGRACERRON » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Just thought i would give a update on my traction results. I ran the car Friday nite with a set of lakewood 70-30 rear drag shocks. Wow what a difference ! Car was hooking better not perfect but my 60 foot was 1.56 my adverage was 1.59 ran my best 1/8 mile e.t 6.96 at 99.59 mph i know car could hook better but i am running E.t street tires so i am very happy with the Lakewood drag shocks seem to make car launch much straighter and the car felt more controlable all the way around ! When i got on my converter to stage the car felt like the shocks where forcing hte tire into the track ? Anyone else felt this weird feeling ? Its hard to describe the feeling but the results either way speak for themselfs. i think with drag slicks i could hook low 1.50s but i wanted to share my good news on hte New shock change Lakewood makes a awesome shock for H-body cars i am impressed !!! :D
DRAGRACERRON

Postby Stivan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 am

If you go to Page 2 of this board, click on the "Latest Effort for '08". In the first picture, Look directly below the Procharger pulley, at the "Upper A Arm". If you look closely, you can see where the upper A arm has been notched out, to allow the front end to move "upward" another 2", before it starts picking the front end off of the ground at the launch.

I've found that this helps me in all of my BBC conversions, to xfer weight better. . . . and quicker.

Just a little info FYI .
Just Another Street Legal(All Motor) 9 sec. Monza.
Stivan

Postby DRAGRACERRON » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 am

Tjanks Stivan i cant really see it in that picture do you have a better close up of where i should cut my upper A arm ? I appreciate it. What times did that car run ??
DRAGRACERRON

Postby Stivan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 am

I'll try to get a pic of what I'm talking about, soon.

The last time I had it out, with the P/C set up, it ran 8.60's. . . .. actually, the M3 is "not" the hot setup for drag cars.
It's set up for marine use mostly, with limited boost to only 7 or 8 lbs. With a F3, I'm sure it would have done better, but I mainly did it for a "lark". . . . Right now, I'm getting ready to start playing with an LS for next spring. Got some ideas I'm wanting to try.. .
Oh Yeah.. . . sorry I "jacked" your thread a little.
Just Another Street Legal(All Motor) 9 sec. Monza.
Stivan

Postby DRAGRACERRON » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 pm

LOL No problem just send me a picture so i can see what your saying about a arm cut out.
DRAGRACERRON

Previous

Return to Drag Racing