new shots of the chassis work

Moderator: Moderators

new shots of the chassis work

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 pm

look down the page for new photo's of the vega's chassis work
Last edited by DDBBCVEGA on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 pm

sorry kinda busy getting married friday night but the car is getting pretty close doors will be here monday motor goes back in next week and it should be complete an two or three weeks I still have to do the engine mods I've got around twenty hours of porting donee on the tunnel ram and need another 30 hours or so and then the head work should be well alot also ,so..... but its coming back together just been kinda busy
dave d
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby Dick73Vega » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:41 am

Congratulation on getting married Dave and post some pictures of your Vega and port job when you can . Thanks Dick
"There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many of them" Casey Stengel
Dick73Vega

MARRIAGE

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:22 am

we got married last on the starting line of houston motorsports park by a fellow racer we stopped all the racing for the service an the preacher did it over the p.a. I was so nervous.... we had camera s all around and should have some good footage of my wife and I sweating our butts off the service was proformed nicely and the racing action fired right back up after it I'll have some new pic's of all the work soon
thanks
dave and robin donalson
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby bill1978v8 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:27 am

Congratulations on getting married and good luck getting the Vega back together.

Bill
1975 Monza 2+2, 4.3L V8, Auto
bill1978v8

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

driver location

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:01 am

we cut out the frame around the drivers seat and notched it down two inches adding more frame work under my butt the new driveshaft loops will be added as soon as the engine an tranny are put back in
this photo shows the frame notched down two inches

the new location of the fuel cell and radiator have been completed at the front of the car (3 gallon pro mod fuel cell)(bg 400 gall fuel pump)the rad is tilted foward to get it as far down in the chassis as possible and still be able to get the hoses connected the frame work came at beautiful

the doors came in from hairy glass you can hold each one up with one finger (shipping weight was 10 lbs for both doors)they should be mounted by weeks end only down side is I can't use my old lexan for them
the windshield and quater windows have been replaced with lexan

so parts for sale from the work are :
1 GLASS WINDSHIELD
2 GLASS QUATER WINDOWS
2 STEEL GUTTED DOORS STOCK MOUNTS LEXAN GLASS WITH AFTERMARKET INSIDE DOOR OPENERS STOCK OUTSIDE(WHITE COLOR)
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Getting Married on the Starting Line

Postby vega_man_larry » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:14 pm

Congrats on the marriage. It's quite unusual to find a woman who would agree to such an arrangement, consider yourself very fortunate. She knows where your car hobby belongs in your life, and apparently she has the same feelings herself. I don't see your cars becoming a problem for her. Good luck on the Vega rebuild. Looks like you're shaving weight and adding horsepower. Keep us informed of your progress on both fronts.

Larry
vega_man_larry

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:03 am

some more shots of the new gas tank,raditor mounting,seat area,and battery tray
o yea we dropped the four link down also to handle more power
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 am

new seat area with tin work
tubs were raised up a couple inches to stop the left turns in the middle of the wheelstands,you can see the old silicone line
work on the eldebrock tunnel ram
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

getting ready for friday night

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:48 pm

cars looking pretty good an we should be ready for tnt friday night then try to run saturday in the colberthon
should be ready for texas pro stock with only a new power plant which hopefully we will do over winter mean time we're gonna shoot for the 5.0 class
this weekend we're shooting for the 5.40 class with the current mods
BTW we got the car down to 551 lbs with me in it now bad for a mild steel car
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

09-08-06

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:26 pm

click on photo for short video of test run on new setup
launched around 5,000 an it hit the wheelie bars too hard pulling the right rear tire off the ground an losing traction it still did a sixty foot of 1.29 an ran 5.88@117mph not too bad considering all the bugs we are still working out
we will try to run the colberthon this weekend if I can keep my eyes open from taking a new job this week and trying to fix the steering on the car before saturday

[img][img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/DDBBCVEGA/th_DAVE_0001.jpg[/img][/img]
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Drag Racing