Bringing out the even bigger guns

Moderator: Moderators

Bringing out the even bigger guns

Postby RockDaddy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Well with the season almost over and my last race being the Halloween classic at summit motor sports park I've already started figuring out what I want to do for next year. The last 2 years has got me addicted to this drag racing thing.

Bought the car turn key in July of 2008 with a 350 and got a 10.86 out of it which 10's were my goal.
July of 2009 I rolled it out with a LS motor with a goal of 9's. a second 1/2 season and I got it with a 9.48 best
This year I had a full year as I quit waiting till the last second to get stuff together. Goal of 8's and ran a 8.85 so far.

So what comes next? Yep. I'm gonna try to get the same Vega into the 7's next year.
Talk with my engine guy Billy Briggs and I am going to stick with the LS platform but am stepping it up again pretty big. Pretty much a totally new motor. I don't really have many details and can't really talk about what we got going on yet but if I can afford it, its gonna be freaking sweet. :)

With that said I will probably sell my entire motor, throttle body to oil pan. Don't ask me prices as this isn't a for sale thread but if you want to start saving your pennies I got one nice setup with all the parts to make it fit a Vega.

I want to start rolling with the plan as soon as I'm done for the year so it looks like I'll be having some serious garage sale coming soon. probably including my other green Vega.

I'll start a new thread with the build when it gets rolling but do we have any Vega's on this site in the 7's :) Yeah I know that is a tall order but I'm on a roll baby!
Image;Image

Thx to Billy Briggs and the guys at http://www.motorcityspeedonline.com
RockDaddy

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Re: Bringing out the even bigger guns

Postby my79monza » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 pm

maybe you should build the green one since you have frame damage on this one and now know where more bracing is needed.
Merle
my79monza

Postby RockDaddy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I spent a ton re doing the rear suspension on this one this year. I'll get it straight and make it better over winter. I think Ill need to sell the green one to help pay for the motor on the new setup.
Image;Image

Thx to Billy Briggs and the guys at http://www.motorcityspeedonline.com
RockDaddy

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby waybad » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:31 pm

TUBE CHASSIS ALL THE WAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET IN THE 7'S
lots safer that way!!!! good luck! :th:
Tinker
waybad

Return to Drag Racing