smoked an import lately?

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Totally, it was way better than homegrown. :lol:
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

nope -

Postby DoozCoop » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:15 pm

I couldn't get it to stay lit! :D
I can't drive 55!
DoozCoop

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:07 pm

lmao..
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby VegaRon72 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:13 pm

I haven't bitchslapped an import yet, but my time is coming!! Gotta be careful, some of them are pretty quick, at least the serious ones anyways.

Ron
VegaRon72
User has been banned.

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby 77 Spyder » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:40 pm

I owned a 99 R/A trans am a couple years ago. I raced (just from a street light) A neon SRT4. It had a fart pipe on it, & he was reving, so I let him go & then nailed it once I realized he was seriously going to try me.

Well, he almost got me. DO NOT give one of those cars a head start. The small head start I gave him, took three gears to catch up & pass him, & by that time I was double the speed limit in the city. Something I never do, But I also hate to loose. :wink:

Talk about getting caught with my pants down,
I never would have dreamed a simple looking 4 banger could go like that. :shock:
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby vega_guy_76 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:58 am

77 Spyder wrote:...A neon SRT4... DO NOT give one of those cars a head start. I never would have dreamed a simple looking 4 banger could go like that. :shock:

If you get a good driver in one of those a 13.5 second 1/4-mile time would not be unusual. I nearly bought one myself... :oops:

Charlie
vega_guy_76

1976 Chevrolet Vega Estate Wagon

Postby Buscop » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:06 am

Well it isn't quite H-Body related but...... :!:
On the way to a "RED" distress alarm on one of our streetcars (female operator being violently assaulted) at about 2:00 A.M this F&*%^$# MORON in a black done up Accura thought it would be real fun to RACE my cruiser ( 2006 Dodge Charger Police Pkge Hemi) east on Queen St. :evil: :!:

This jerk-off came flying up along side of me as I'm slowing for a red at an intersection and then hammered it past as the light changed to cut me off and then SLOW DOWN!. I swerved around him and let the Hemi do it's thing. Doing 100 KPH, lights going and all this clown again tries to pass my cruiser on the LEFT side at 100 KPH. Now Queen St is a downtown street with streetcar rails and autos and taxis always parked in the curb lane. Even at 2:00 A.M there is substantial traffic and you really have to know what your doing when doing an emergency response. (ask Bryan) So buddy in the Accura thought this so much fun he didn't bother to see the Stealth T.P.S traffic Unit coming in hot and heavy up behind us. (This unit was equipped with an on board video system)

Luckily the incident car wasn't too far off and I was able to arrive along with the Traffic copper and arrest the a-hole who had repeatably punched the operator in the face.

As far as the moron in the Accura, after we handed over the bad guy to the divisional coppers and had the operator transported to hospital, I looked at the traffic unit's video playback and was amazed to see how dangerous this clown in the Accura was driving. Besides almost taking me out he almost took out two peds who started to cross the street after my cruiser had gone by and he was trying to catch up with the Dodge.

Asked if I could ID the driver I stated no problem. Myself and the Traffic copper then took a drive to visit the registered owner of the Accura ( just east of the whole incident with the streetcar)

The Accura was in the drive and very warm to the touch.
With a divisional backup we knocked on buddy's door and low and behold the moron himself, beer in hand, answered the door.

We showed him the video, he denied it was him....yeah right! And the result was....your going to love this.

With my evidence and the video and the one of the pedestrians statement's buddy was slapped with......
1. Dangerous Driving
2. Fail to pull to the right for an Emergency Vehicle (stealth unit)
3. Interfere with Transit Vehicle
4. Fail to produce Valid Insurance
AND.....under new legislation in Onrtario...
5. Racing! Video evidence suggests that he was intentionally trying to race the cruiser... for that the Accura was impounded and may be crushed....but that is a long shot.
Anyway I guess in a way I SMOKED A RICER! :lol:
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

thank you

Postby DDBBCVEGA » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:01 am

thanks getting another freaking idiot off the roads people like that should have thier engine block shot with with a 10g shot gun the interior used by 10 monkey as a toliet for a week shark chum thrown in the truck and make the perp complete he's sentence living in the car, downtown racing belongs only in video games, we have all pushed in places where we shouldnt have at one point or another but never in a place like that or as stupid as that idiot the worse I ever wreck on the street was @ 140 mph but it was on a country road racing I spun out across two cows fields only persons in danger was me myself an I
DDBBCVEGA

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:01 pm

I bet the injured woman could sue that jerk, for any delay in response he may have caused.
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

BUSCOPS COPCAR

Postby mldeolde » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:48 pm

HEY BUSCOP WHY ARE YOUR UNITS WHITE?????????? is that just Canadian camoflauge so you can blend in with the snow or is some bean counter just saving the tax payers a few dollars by not making them traditional black and whites like we have here..love your Hemis. the California Hiway Patrol still uses a few highly modified SS Cameros for high speed pursuits like out in the desert and other wide open spaces where people try to go 160 mph on the roads. funny they are all white too!!!!!!!!!! :wink: 8)
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby Buscop » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 am

Well let's see now......The Crown Vics are built in St.Thomas, the Chevy Impala's are built in Oshawa and the Dodge Chargers and Magnums are built in Brampton....all Police package cars and all built in the

GREAT WHITE NORTH....
:lol: 8) 8) :D :D :canada: :canada:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Return to Drag Racing