A bit of EFI help needed

Moderator: Moderators

Postby vegadad » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:17 pm

:hail: I stand corrected. Just took a good look at the Block and it definately says 4.1.
:cheers:
john b(in Missouri) :oops:
John b. (in Missouri)
vegadad

1976 Chevrolet Vega Nomad

RE: EFI Help

Postby vegadad » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Well, if it fits, I'm looking for the EFI system from a late model Camaro 3800. That would seem to be the easiest and cheepest solution to my requirements since it is RWD. With an OBD II computer it should be able to be reprogrammed for the Vega. Wish me luck.
john b. (In Missouri)
John b. (in Missouri)
vegadad

1976 Chevrolet Vega Nomad

4.1L and EFI

Postby Vega75randy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 am

Well if you reveiw any and all post on VegaTex's 76 Turbo V6 he can guide you as to which EFI system you can install and have it run without any programming changes. The new 3800 system is a little bit of a bugger to get up and running unless you use the entire engine trans set up. Looks like all earlier Buick V6 EFI systems are MAF systems (and OBD1) so it will feed it based on it's airflow. PM VegaTex on this subject. :wink:

Randy
Venus, TX
Vega75randy

Re: RE: EFI Help

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:46 pm

vegadad wrote:Well, if it fits, I'm looking for the EFI system from a late model Camaro 3800. That would seem to be the easiest and cheepest solution to my requirements since it is RWD. With an OBD II computer it should be able to be reprogrammed for the Vega. Wish me luck.
john b. (In Missouri)

You should be able to flash it yourself and delete VATS.
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: RE: EFI Help

Postby vegatex » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:30 am

vegadad wrote:Well, if it fits, I'm looking for the EFI system from a late model Camaro 3800. That would seem to be the easiest and cheepest solution to my requirements since it is RWD. With an OBD II computer it should be able to be reprogrammed for the Vega. Wish me luck.
john b. (In Missouri)

That definitely won't work. They are entirely different engines as I found out. You either need the early FWD 3800 set-up (the TB will be at the back of the engine unless you can reverse the heads) or the '86-'87 GN intake without the turbo.
Dave English
"Vegatex"
'76 Cosworth Vega
denglish@ipapilot.org
vegatex

Previous

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech