Well here is my plan and parts list,

Moderator: Moderators

Well here is my plan and parts list,

Postby MonzaRacer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Ok I am starting on a new project, I got a LT1 FI intake, TB and injectors/rails for free (well $27 in shipping) so I am working on a DIS setup to retrofit onto any V8.
I am going to use the Northstar module/coils. already have a prettier version of dual crank sensor mount and I found I can use front hub bearing wheel speed sensors similar to the ones on 4wd GM trucks. Fun part is getting a good Northstar trigger wheel.
also fun stuff is making a timing cover with a cam sensor(minor issue I think)
But I think the DIS sat behind the intake at angle and wires nicely loomed to each side should look awesome.
Going to run Megasquirt for ecm and later on I will mod in my FlexFI adaptation as soon as I get the sensor source finalized.
Anyone have any thoughts of how crazy or smart I am?
I just like to make things interesting too I guess.
MonzaRacer

Postby res0o7eb » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Lee,

Yes. this is interesting. It's a lot to absorb to visualize exactly what you are doing.
You are definitely a trailblazer on this site with all of these different fuel injection parts being 'bundled' together.
The Megasquirt is cool.
What's the engine displacement?
I think you have to be a little crazy to try to 'retro-fit' EFI on any engine.
Smart? That will depend on how successful you are with this project. :)

I say go for it. Keep us 'posted'. Pictures are good, too, even if it's just a bunch of parts at first.
Your progress on fitting the components to the engine would be interesting, too.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 am

The LT1 intake is great. I have an LT1 I'm putting in my Vega.

Have you looked at a Gen-II LT1 timing cover? If memory serves correct, it's basically the same as a standard SBC. You'll have to put a freeze plug in the water pump driveshaft hole, though. If you do that you can probably put a Gen-II LT1 reluctor on the snout of the crank. I think.
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech